Monday, July 5, 2010

Because We All Need To Change...

On July 15, my family and I will be closing the door, for the last time, on the first stable house we've had for a really long time. We will be closing the door on the first place we brought Cailin..the only home she's had for the past 10 months, the place where Sebastian and Anastasia got their own rooms for the first time. The place where I lived, with my husband and our children...in OUR home. It's sad, really. To look at the wall that I use to measure the twins against. I started in Feb. 2009 and the last time I did it was June 16....they've grown almost 4 or 5 inches.....
We've built memories here. Lots of good, some bad. But memories, nonetheless.
But we are on our way to make new memories.....it will be a challenge, but I'm looking forward to it.
The thing that I'm looking forward to the most is the changes that I know I'm going to make. We are going to cut back...A LOT...on our internet usage. I'm going to work on Sarah...mind, body, and soul. I plan to start my days with a walk, I plan to get healthy. I plan to reconnect with the person I want to be, to find myself. I look forward to it. I look forward to going house hunting with Matthew, to find that one house that we really love, that will be our house until we can afford to buy. I'm looking forward to the challenge of going into the nursing program and becoming a RN. I look forward to us going to football games to cheer on Sebastian while he plays and Anastasia while she cheers.
Changes are coming and they are going to be great. But they aren't without some sadness. This is going to be hard, but I can't wait to start this new chapter of our lives. I look forward to not being on the computer all the time. I look forward to getting to know my kids all over again, to getting to know my husband all over again. I've lost myself.......and when I find me, it will only be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?