Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Pledges

I need to make a change. A HUGE, MAJOR, BIG change. And it has to start NOW. I need this in the worst way. So, I'm making some pledges, right here, right now. Because I need it, my husband needs it, my kids need it, my family needs it.

  1. I am cutting back on my internet time. I spend about 95% of my time on this computer and I hate it. I have a beautiful 18 mo that I really don't spend time with. She watches TV or plays and I am on here. I'm going to start doing crafts with her, read to her, just be with her
  2. I'm going to start off the day with a positive quote. Something uplifting, something moving.
  3. I'm going to make sure I get in a work out, 5 days a week. I think it will boost my mood in a HUGE way.
  4. I'm going to make sure I take a shower, get dressed, and do my hair and make up daily. Something to pick me up.
  5. I'm NOT going to get on the computer after 5 pm, unless it's for business or something to do with my house or family.
  6. I'm going to make sure my house is clean by the time my kiddos get home from school, so that the only housework I have for the day is general picking up of the house
  7. I'm going out more. Once a week, I'm going to have a lunch date with a friend, or a playdate or something.
  8. I'm going to get my husband a card, once a week, just because. I'm also going to get my kids cards, just because.
  9. I'm bring back the craft box and I'm going to make stuff with my kids.
  10. I'm going to read more. I love to read and I don't do that very often....

These are things that I absolutely HAVE to do, for myself, for my family, for my own sake of mind. I'm not going to go on a diet, I'm not going to weigh myself daily, I'm not doing any of those things. I'm going to take it one step at a time, one day at a time. That's the only way I can do this.

I feel really good about this. I think it will help me alot. I'm going to make it a point to journal every single day, so that I can see my progress into this amazing person that I know I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?