Saturday, July 30, 2011

Recovering From Surgery

UGH!!!
Don't EVER have a hernia repair surgery. IT SUCKS! lol. This is probably the worse surgery I've ever had and I've had 5 stomach surgeries in my life.
Today is really the first day that I'm feeling moderately better. It doesn't hurt to move as much as it has, so I'm gonna attempt to make it up the stairs and take a shower tonight. I've been sleeping downstairs in the recliner. Not NEARLY as comfortable as my bed, but I know I couldn't lay back in my bed and we worry about my husband accidentally flopping his arm over on me and hurting me.
My appetite seems to be coming back too. I haven't had a decent meal since Tuesday. Wednesday, I didn't eat at all and Thursday I had some tomato soup, cookies, and I TRIED to eat some chicken nuggets and french fries. Didn't work out very well. Yesterday, I had cereal, 2 Popsicles, and a few bites of ramen, but it wasn't sitting well with me. So far today, I've had a poptart. I'm looking forward to seeing how much weight I've lost though. lol.
Once I start feeling better, I'll take an after pic so you guess can see how big this hernia was. It's nice to look down and not see it anymore!
Well, I just wanted to update you all on my recovery...check back for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?