Friday, July 22, 2011

Sarah's Low Fat Homemade Pizza Bagels

When we are dieting, we tend to get cravings for stuff we know we shouldn't have, right? Well, one day, I got a craving for pizza. It was INTENSE! So, I walked around Wal Mart for literally an hour, trying to find an alternative. EUREKA! I found it in this easy and DELISH recipe that your whole family will love (including the kids!)

Homemade Pizza Bagels

1 package of Thomas Plain Bagel Thins
1 jar of pizza sauce
2 or 3 bags of Kraft fat free mozzarella cheese
1 tray of mushrooms (sliced or whole)
1 large onion
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of minced garlic

Chop up onions, mushrooms and any other veggie you like on your pizza. In a skillet, heat the EVOO and garlic over medium heat. Add veggies, salt and pepper and any other seasonings you like (I usually use dried pasley and basil). Cook until tender
Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray. Take bagels apart and let them on the tray. In my house, I usually have 4 "slices" of this, which is really only 2 bagels total. For each bagel half, use about 2 tablespoons of sauce. Add veggies and any other toppings you like, then add about 1/4 cup of cheese to each one half.
Put in oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted at about 400 degree heat.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (roughly, based on my food diary on MyFitnessPal and on my pizzas being strictly cheese and veggies)

CALORIES: 383
FAT: 4
CARBS: 59
SUGARS: 11
PROTEIN: 24



2 comments:

  1. I love not only that they're low fat, but that they're quick and easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, a dish that I can stick with while I’m on my strict diet! It’s been days now since I had a very bad craving for pizza but I’ve always known it would mess up my diet. This recipe, then, is my hero. I am amazed at the small level of fat in a supposedly fatty delish. I do appreciate this post a lot and I will be looking forward to more low fat recipes!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?