Sunday, August 21, 2011

10 Years...Really?

Yesterday was my 10 year high school reunion. I was class of 2001. Wow....I can't believe I've been out of high school for 10 years.
Now, I didn't go to my reunion, in large part because I was something of a nerd in high school and I figured half of the people wouldn't remember me and half of the ones that did were my tormenters in school. I'm sure they've grown up and matured, but, honestly, I didn't want to risk it or talk about the "good old days". High school most certainly wasn't the good old days for me. High school really sucked. lol.
A couple of friends of mine went and posted pictures on their Facebook pages. I was looking through them and realized that I didn't recognize half of the people that were there. It made me wonder who all would have remembered ME. I don't think I've changed, looks wise, that much since high school. The only differences is that I'm older (obviously), I have tattoos, and my hair is a different color. Well, that and I weigh probably a good 80 pounds more. I'm a big girl back then and I'm even bigger now.
This week, I plan to call one of my best friends and talk about the reunion with her, see what it was like, all that. I'm sure it was fun, but, IDK.....I'm really not that disappointed I didn't go. Is that sad?
So, to compare, I'm going to post my senior pic, then I'll post a recent picture. What do you think? Big difference or no?

4 comments:

  1. No - not huge difference! Just prettier though ;) Gotta add a smile to that face!

    I don't think I'll go to my HS reunion either...I think it'd be way weird.

    Happy Sunday! ox

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great blog! I am visiting from the blog hop! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me back too! Thanks so much!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great. HS reunions are over rated and you know what..... whoever said that HS are the best years of your life has not lived life to the fullest. Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not a big difference at all, you are the same pretty girl as in the first picture. I'm 24 so I have about 4 years until my high school reunion. However, I don't feel like I want to see my high school mates because they were all (almost all) arrogant and terrible people. I had no problems with them in high school or anything, but they are all boring. I don't think I'm going to go to my reunion either, unless I decided I want to make them feel envious, but that would be immature of me :)) IDK, why are these reunions for anyway? To show off how great you've become and laugh at others? Because it's not about catching up and talking. (there's a reason why I'm not friends with them now) Sorry, I got a bit carried away...

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?