Thursday, August 18, 2011

Being A Grown Up Blows....

My husband is off work today. We were planning a nice, fun day out, me, him, and Cailin. We were gonna go out to eat lunch at the local Chinese buffet, then let her nap for an hour or so, then get up and go do a little shopping before Sebastian and Anastasia get home.
We were on our way out to eat lunch when we heard a weird noise. As we were pulling over, my power steering was non-existent. We knew what it was then.....our drive belt broke. Of course. It's slipped off twice since June. We went and bought a new one, then got the van to our mechanic, who told us that our water pump was blown as well. Great. We got it home (they couldn't work on it right then) and debated what to do.
Since June, we have put roughly $500 into this van. It's a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan. It's nickel and timing us to DEATH. We are planning on getting a new vehicle at tax time (two, actually), but until then..UGH.
After much debate, we decided to just go ahead and fix the stupid thing and just have a tight week. Yay. Cailin turns 2 next week and we still haven't bought her any gifts. So, I sat down and reworked our budget, made some calls and got us a little extra money.
This repair, including parts, is costing us roughly $150. Naturally, we didn't account for that...but whatever, right?
I remember how badly I wanted to grow up, as a child. Now, I'd give anything to be a kid again. Being a grown up isn't near as fun as they made it look back then. We have responsibilities, bills, all that fun stuff.
I know they won't listen, just as I didn't....but I hope that I can impress upon my children to not wish to grow up too fast.....enjoy their childhood.
My big girl pants have been pulled up and I'm dealing with it. UGH!! lol.....

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel and I swear all the unexpected things happen at once!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! The tough days where things mess up are the worst, and make me miss being irresponsible... I'm a new follower from the Monday Mingle. Such a cute site! Would love a follow back!

    http://willandmaryfrances.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?