Saturday, August 13, 2011

Do You Ever Feel This Way?

I've been a stay at home mom for 3 years. For the most part, I love it. I get to hang out with my kids all the time, I get to watch my youngest do things that I didn't get to experience with my older kids, I get to blog about anything and everything and people actually read it! (lol)
But some times, I get this urge to go back to work. I think it's more when I see my husband and friends that have this whole work family that I don't have and I feel like I'm missing out on something. With school back in session, the majority of my friends with kids will be off doing their own thing, because most of them have kids that are older than Cailin (my toddler) and my older two are in school. I have one friend that has kids a little younger than Cailin, but she doesn't have her license and WE only have one vehicle, which, most of the time, my husband needs for his job (He is the marketing manager for a local cell phone company). So visiting with her is hard to do.
We've thought about putting Cailin in daycare, twice a week, so I can volunteer at my kids' school or go out to lunch with a girlfriend, go shopping, do things that are hard to do with a 2 year old in tow, PLUS, it will give her a chance to socialize with kids her own age and prepare her for when I CAN find a job (when we get another vehicle next year) and she goes full time and get her ready for preschool.
I guess I just get lonely sometimes and a little envious when I see my husband talking about work stuff and having inside jokes and whatnot....
Just wanted to vent a little bit. lol

4 comments:

  1. do you have mothers day out programs where you live? they are two days a week from like 930-230 (ish) and are run by churches. That is what we are putting Payton in because I didn't want her in day care full time just yet. They are much more budget friendly than even part time day cares. And just enough time for you to do the kinds of things you want to do! Good luck! I wish I could be a SAHM but I know if I did I would have to get out too, to save my sanity lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way when my kids were younger but unfortunately, we didn't have the internet back then. When my youngest started kindergarten, I got a part time job at the school my kids attended. It helped but then I felt like I was running around all day because by the time I got them to school, came home and got ready and went to work, then came home about 2 hours before they did and picked up a little, then picked them up and took them to afterschool activities. Honestly, I don't know how I did it!! But the year my youngest moved out, I started taking care of my Mom, then after she passed, I took care of my Dad until he passed. Now I am taking care of grandkids and having family gatherings. So I guess you just stay busy, no matter what.

    I am following you back from the blog hop. Your blog looks very interesting!! chatterfromtexas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely normal and I feel the same way. I've been home for about 7 years now and my 5 year old is starting full time kindergarten this year. I have a 2 year old that's going into preschool 2 days/week now also. I'm DESPERATE to get a part-time job - just to keep my sanity :) Hang in there - it's gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely normal! Hope it gets better. Txs for following me. I am now following you back!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?