Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Growing Up....*sigh*

As a result of my surgery, I'm not able to pick up my toddler. She still sleeps in a crib, so I can't put her to bed. My friend usually comes and helps out with this, but she's busy and couldn't. Yesterday, my husband came home from work to lay her down, then again to get her up.
Well, today, I decided to see how she did if I laid her down in MY bed. I got her her pillow, blanket, and baby doll, she laid down and she had a good nap. It didn't take any longer for her to fall asleep or anything.
*sigh*
My baby is growing up. We are 23 days from her turning 2. I think either tomorrow or Thursday, we are going to go get the piece that lets us put her crib together as a toddler bed. No more cribs for us. Not sure how this makes me feel just yet, but it's kinda sad.....
Kids grow up SO fast....I wish we could just keep them tiny forever, but we can't. I'm reminded every day just how quickly it goes by. On the 10th, my older babies start 2nd grade. My almost 2 year old has a vocabulary that has grown so much and it's so cute.
I'm gonna go sit on my couch and cuddle with my baby, because she wants me to hold her and that's the best I can do right now. I just wanted to remind all of my readers out there to take time and look at your children, should you have them, and let them be little....because they are getting big way too fast on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?