Monday, August 22, 2011

Making The Switch.....Toddler Bed Time!

So, Cailin turns 2 on Thursday. After I had my hernia surgery, I couldn't lift her to lay her down for her nap, so I had her lay down in my bed. She did really good and, since then, has woken up very angry that she couldn't get out of bed herself. So, Matthew and I decided to switch her crib into a toddler bed. This was a big step and made me want to cry. My little girl is growing up.
She LOVED it! We washed the new toddler bed set we got her (for only $12, thank you!) and made her bed and whatnot. She climbed up in it and was so proud.
I was worried about how she would do at bedtime. I remember how much of a fight it was with Sebastian and Anastasia when I put them in their toddler beds. It took FOREVER for them to not get out of bed to play. Cailin, however, climbed up in it, wanted to be covered up, got her babies and went to sleep. It was so precious.
Now, if I could just figure out how to get her to sleep past 6:30am!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, such a big step!

    I'm keeping Logan in the crib as long as I can, lol. He is WILD. I can't imagine the transition into a bed where he's not "caged". ;) I'm glad this went so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a huge step I am actually thinking about getting my little one out of her crib since she has learned how to escape......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you! lol I am getting ready to put my third little one into her own big girl bed! I don't know if I can trust her! lol The other two did good but this one, not so sure!!!! I just started a blog, still trying to figure it all out!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?