Wednesday, August 17, 2011

They Don't Make Em Like They Use To

I have to get up at 6:30 to get my twins off to school. This morning, as I was having my coffee, I was watching TBS. On it was Home Improvement..ya know, the show with Tim Allen as Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor, with Jonathan Taylor Thomas (if you are in your late 20's and didn't have a crush on him as a tween, you must be a robot). I was watching it and legitimately laughing out loud. I thought, ya know, I'm gonna make it a point to watch this show again. And I will.
I also usually watch Saved By The Bell on the same channel from 8-9 with my husband. That was a good show too.
They really don't make any "family friendly" shows like those anymore. Shows that had good messages, that you wasn't worried about your kids watching. Shows that you could relate to, on one level or another.
A couple of weeks ago, we were watching Jeopardy with our kids (yup, we always watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy with them). It went off and this show came on...it was 8pm, mind you. BAM, the opening, people having sex. Of course, it was really toned down, but still....it's 8pm....kids are still awake at that time and often time, in front of the TV for some family TV time.
I miss the days of quality TV, the days of Home Improvement, Full House, Saved By The Bell, etc.
What was your favorite shows growing up?

1 comment:

  1. we love the old shows!! we watch them when we wake up to feed the baby. Granted we also watch married with children which is NOT so family friendly LOL but we also watch saved by the bell, boy meets world, etc. LOVE LOVE LOVE them lol

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?