Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

10 years ago today, the nation cried out, together, as we watched our country come under attack.
I will never forget that day. I was 18 and, for some reason, was up early. It was on every channel and I thought, "wow.....". I watched as the second plane hit and I remember just slowly sitting down on the couch, holding my ex-husband's hand. As I watched it all go down, I remember crying......I'll never, ever forget that day, as long as I live. And, while it shouldn't, today, I am grateful to have my husband (not the one I was married too back then) and our children home with me when so many don't. Tonight, as I lay my head down, I will say a prayer for those that aren't as lucky as I. And I will wrap my arms around my husband and thank God that he's here with me and I'll peek in on my children and thank God that they are mine, here and healthy. I should appreciate them every single day of my life, because you never know what will happen....
There are so many families out there that don't have what I have. They don't have their husband, their wife, their mother, their father, their sister, brother, son, daughter, grandmother, grandfather, cousin, friend, neighbor. I have my husband, I have my children, I have my parents, tho I lost my grandparents long ago. 
My heart breaks today, for those victims, all of them, gone and with us today. I find myself struggling to not cry, even when not watching TV. It's an odd feeling, I'm not usually this sensitive.
My prayers stay with those today......I will never forget.....

3 comments:

  1. Great post thanks for sharing! I am new here! Come enter to win a $50 Visa Gift Card to use anywhere here: http://www.trying2staycalm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, such grim memories and hard to believe it was already 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower! Hope you will stop by and return the follow. http://thehairjeanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?