Saturday, February 25, 2012

DELISH Idea For Leftover Taco Meat

Last night, we had tacos for dinner. Naturally, I made more meat than was needed. So, I woke up today and thought "What can I do with this?"
I looked through my cabinets and found some Velveeta, some Ro-Tel, and some tortilla chips. This got me thinking.
First, I diced up about half a brick of the Velveeta, dumped in the can of Ro-Tel, diced some onions and added in the meat. I let the cheese melt and stirred it all together, then crushed up the chips and put them in a bowl, adding the new taco queso mix I made, topping it with some sour cream.
Oh
My
GOSH!
It's absolutely DELISH! Not healthy at all, but still, soooooooooo good.
So now, my mission is to make it healthier and figure out how I can serve it for dinner. I thought about first browning the meat with some garlic and onions, then draining it and adding the Ro-Tel and cheese, boiling some elbow macaroni's to mix in with it and having my own little Mexican Hamburger Helper dinner.
What do you all think? Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. YUM -- sounds good to me! However, most times my husband and son gobble up all of our would-be leftovers, lol. I'll have to hide them BEFORE hand and try this! :)

    And thanks for posting about the hop! :)

    Hope you have a good week <3

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?