Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Early Morning Ramblings

I am EXHAUSTED! I have 3 sick kids (well, 2 sick kids and one that I'm not sure if he's sick or just feeling sympathy sickness), one of which is a 2.5 year old that obviously thinks I can teleport myself from my room to hers, because when she wakes up in the middle of the night, she doesn't give me time to make it to her room before she starts screaming her head off.
So, I finally just gave up on sleep...I have to be up and getting ready for work soon anyways. My heart is heavy this morning, trying to figure some things out and worrying about this and about that. I worry...all the time. It's a draw back of mine.
My husband and I have recently made some decisions concerning out future that I'm thrilled about. I'm going to work full time while he works part time and goes to school. When he graduated, I'll cut back my hours and attend school myself. I was considering journalism, or at least a communications degree. But after thinking it through, I came to the realization that I need a degree in something that has jobs. Let's face it, there's not that huge of a calling for journalists in the state of KY and, frankly, it's not the kind of writing I want to do. So, I'd considered going to school to be a physical therapist assistant. I got to looking and there is, like, zero schools in the area we are moving to that provide this training. Bummer.
So, I decided to go back to what my heart has been calling me to do for a long time and that's becoming an RN. I might attempt to get my gen ed requirements out of the way my husband's last semester of school. I already have quite a few credits and I figure, I don't have to go full time, just take a class or two here and there, get that out of the way, then get heavy into the nursing aspect.
Until then, I'm going to become a CNA. I'm kinda scared about doing that, to be honest, because I'm not sure if I could handle the icky side of things, but I figure, I've gotta try it. And I can make pretty decent money doing that and supporting my family.
So, today, I'm going to call around and see who all is offering the classes and when they start. I'm excited about doing this. For once, the future doesn't look like a blank canvas.
We've also decided to relocate, possibly this summer. We are going to move to the town of Georgetown, KY. We both feel like this is the place we are meant to be. It's the suburb of Lexington, which is a major hub in our state. I feel like, for sure, we can thrive there and we are only a couple of hours away from many adventures.
We set a 5 year plan for ourselves. In these next 5 years, we are going to improve our credit score, finish college, and save money so that we can buy a house. It will be hard and will take focus and discipline, but I KNOW we can do it.
I have a blog cooking up in my head that I'll work on over the next few days before I actually publish it. I'm going to share with you, my readers, the transition of myself, from child to adult. I decided to do this because I feel like I've made a lot of positive changes in my life. I've gone from being a child, to a young adult, to being an almost 30 year old woman. The person I am NOW isn't the person I was 4 years ago and I think it's awesome. So, keep an eye out for that.
Okay, that's the end of my ramblings.....until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?