Friday, February 24, 2012

Me Mow NOW!

My 2.5 year old is ADDICTED to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We got her a DVD for Christmas, then one for Valentines day. She has become obsessed and refuses to watch anything else.
With all 3 kids home sick, TV has become their best friend. However, my bedroom was being destroyed by them, so we decided last night to put the TV and DVD player in the girls' room. Of course, they were thrilled.
Today, my husband texts me and tells me that Cailin (my 2.5 year old) is flat out REFUSING to watch anything other than Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, much to the chagrin of my older 2 kids. Eventually, he got her to agree to watch Phineas and Ferb.
That didn't last very long. This is the message I got from him on Facebook "I was cleaning our bedroom and she came in wanting to watch Mickey I told her after P&F at which point she got her dvd off the couch cup holder table thingy and went in her room took out P&F and started up Mickey. The twins of course voiced complaints about his and were immediately yelled at and basically told to know their roles and shut their mouths..as part of her rebellion for being forced to watch something besides mickey she would start that cd (a toddler friendly cd I put in the radio in their room last night to mask the sound of the storm in a vain attempt to get Cailin to sleep) and crank it up so they couldn't hear the tv.."
What could I do BUT laugh at this, because I found it to be hilarious. Not the finest of parenting moments, sure, but being at work, I don't really have to deal with it, so I literally laughed out loud (and was immediately thankful that I had my own office).
What are some of YOUR kids favorite shows?

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! Found your blog through Cafe Mom and am now following. If you want to follow back: http://trendymomreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?