Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tornadoes Suck

Indeed they do.
Friday, storms tore through KY (where I live). Luckily, it seemed like they were just going to blow around my little town and for that, I'm grateful.
A town to the north of me wasn't so lucky. It's a town called East Bernstadt. They were hit by a tornado and I believe at least 5 people have been confirmed dead. It's heartbreaking to see the damage that has been done. And it also puts things into perspective. It makes you realize that you should be grateful, everyday, for what you have and not take things for granted.
Here are some pictures, taken by the local sheriff's office. These are of the town that was hit by the tornado. The amount of damage done is just heartbreaking.....
 


As you can see...the damage was extensive and terrifying. I've thought about starting up a donation fund, via paypal, to help these people. I'm not sure how to go about doing that though.
Please keep the residents of this town in your thoughts and prayers.......they need it.

1 comment:

  1. So scary! My hearts go out to those people who lost everything. I'm glad you guys are okay though. Did you hear about the toddler that was found alive in a field ten miles from her home? Such a miracle.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?