Saturday, April 14, 2012

Love

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I always said that if I could find a love even half as amazing as my Grandma and Grandpa's love, then I'd count myself among the lucky. Those two loved so fiercely that sometimes, I thought they'd explode from it. When my Grandma died almost 20 years ago, it was the first time I'd seen a man cry. And it changed my Grandpa. He passed 6 years later and they are buried together in side-by-side graves.


I've searched, for many years, to find that love. It was when I STOPPED looking that I found it.
I was on a dating website, just looking for someone to have a casual relationship with, nothing serious, just someone I could go out on dates with and enjoy time with. I got a message from a man that, honestly, I wasn't sure I'd give a chance, simply because he didn't provide a lot of information. But, I took a chance and replied and we exchanged Yahoo Messenger handles. We started chatting on there and I was just blown away by how much we had in common. We talked about going on on a couple of dates, but each time, it just didn't work out. We lost contact for a couple of months, then one day, I decided to send him a text. We starting talking again and we FINALLY had our first date. 3 weeks later, we got married.
That was 4 years ago. Well..almost. September 18 will make 4 years. We have our 3 kids, we have a strong love and we are happy. We've had our problems and we've had to over come a lot in our relationship. We've really hard to work on it and I think it's only made us stronger. I feel so blessed to have this amazing man in my life.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful legacy your grandparents gave you!!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?