Monday, April 16, 2012

Nom Noms: A Post About Food

I couldn't think of anything to do for the letter N, so I figured I'd throw some 2 year old speak at you and talk about food. Cailin calls it "nom noms".
I love food, which is probably why I weigh almost 300 pounds (not something I'm proud of). My favorite is probably Chinese food. Point me to the nearest good Chinese food buffet and you've got one happy girl on your hands. On the days when I don't have the money for Chinese (which seems to be more and more here lately), I just make some at home, using my recipe for Homemade Pepper Steak.
When I went on a diet a year or so ago, I got this INTENSE craving for pizza. After walking around Walmart for what felt like most of the day, I got this brilliant idea to make my own. I got some thin bagels and all the fixings I wanted and came up with Low Fat Pizza Bagels. This is so good, even my kids eat it, and it's pretty quick and easy to make.
If you are anything like me, you get sick of having the same thing over and over again. In a quest for something that wasn't super high in fat and calories, but that wasn't lacking in taste, I found a recipe for Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo. I put my own spin on it and it turned out really well. It goes awesome with some salad and garlic bread. Of course, I like to make my own garlic bread too. I take a wheat french bread loaf, mix up some butter, garlic powder, parsley and basil, smear it on and bake at 400 for about 5 minute. If you drink, try with a wine you like (personally, I'm not a fan of red wine at all, just white).
I think, once things get settled down more, I'm going to start posting more recipes of mine on here. I make normal food, I just put my own spin on them. I'm also going to start working on losing weight, so I'm going to come up with my own low-fat spin on fatty foods, so hopefully I can help everyone else out too.
What are some of your favorite recipes? I'm always looking for ideas for my menu and ways to expand it.

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the weight loss! You'll be happier and healthier. Walk, too! (my cure for everything) I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! that broccoli recipe sounds yummy.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love food too! Dropping in from the AtoZ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! found you on the a to z, and will definitely be back to read more.

    I am a mommy, so I can relate to the fact that there is not a lot of time to eat healthy. I have definitely been guilty of a bowl of ice cream for dinner from time to time (I blame my mother-in-law. she stresses me out).

    feel free to click over to my blog too if you have time!

    best,
    MOV
    http://mothersofbrothersblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?