Saturday, April 28, 2012

You Have To Let Go At Some Point

My mother wants Sebastian and Anastasia to visit her in Florida for some of the summer.
Now, don't get me wrong, I trust my mom with all I have in me, but I'm absolutely TERRIFIED about them going. I live in Kentucky...that's 3 states away! What if they need me? What if something happens? What if I miss them and just want to see them?
My husband feels the same way. I'm KINDA thinking of letting them go for a month. Or maybe letting them go for two weeks and seeing how they do. Or letting them go for two weeks, then seeing if my mom could come up here for two weeks.
I know it would be good for them and for me, but I've never been away from them for more than a few days. The thought of not being to see them makes me sick to my stomach....not a good feeling at all! I just don't know what to do.
It would help out some, because then I'd only have to pay for daycare for Cailin when I find a job. And we could probably swing going away for a weekend or something, 'cause Cailin would get in free where ever we go.
*sigh* I really don't know what to do. I feel so torn and, honestly, when I think about it, I cry. It breaks my heart. They are growing up so fast and will want to go to Florida to visit for the summers as they get older, or go stay with other family or something.
I'm not ready for this. I'm not ready to let my babies go. It's too soon...I don't like this feeling at all.
Do your kids go away from the summer? How old were they when they went for the first time? Any advice would be super!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?