Friday, May 25, 2012

Confessions Of A Gym-a-phob

Last night, my husband and I were talking about joining the local gym. He's all on board for this.
Me.....not so much.
Honestly, it's not because I don't want to spend the money. They actually pretty decent prices. It's not that I don't have anyone to watch my kiddo. The gym has a daycare. It's not even that I don't want to workout. No, this problem is much deeper.
I am scared to work out in public.
All of my life, I've been picked on. I've always been the fat kid, or the weird kid. Even into my adult years (like, the other day) I get picked on. So, naturally, when I go to a gym, I think I'm going to get picked on. WHY? Because I'm fat and I feel like people are going to judge me.
Silly, I know.
So, what's a girl to do? I need to lose weight, for myself, my kids, and my husband. And I know HOW to lose weight, as I lost 30 pounds last year. But, for some reason, the thought of going to a gym scared the living poo out of me. I just don't want to go.
My husband said he'd buy me a treadmill, but I HAD to use it. I said fine, I would. I'd set that thing up right in front of my TV and walk on it all day long. But will I PUSH myself? No clue, but I honestly doubt it. I need to be somewhere where I'll push myself. I want to join cycling classes, or a zumba class or something like that. But, when it comes right down to it, I'm terrified to.
Do you have any fears that are holding you back at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?