Monday, May 7, 2012

Reflections Of The Past: April A-Z Challenge

In April, I did the A to Z challenge. When I signed up, I honestly wasn't thinking ahead to the future, because I knew we'd have to move and I'd be without internet for a little bit. That was probably my biggest challenge, well that and trying to either figure out WHAT to write about and, sometimes, even WANTING to write.
I decided, when I signed up for the challenge, to reveal a lot of myself in my posts. I feel like I succeeded at that. I let a lot of people in to my little world and the thoughts going around in my little head. I'm glad I did, because I feel like it helped. It was therapeutic to get some of that out in the open.  I was forced to be honest with myself, something I rarely do. I feel like I put it all out there and I got some awesome feed back.
My favorite posts to write were Books...What A Wonderful Escape, Children..Life's Greatest Gifts, Love, and Music=Life. I was able to share things that I love and enjoy, as well as get some awesome feedback, especially in the Books post.
Some of my hardest posts were Depression Hurts, Expectations, and Obesity. These posts were very personal to me, as I revealed parts of myself that I wasn't sure I'd have the guts to show. I opened up to the world and put myself at their mercy. I wasn't sure what to expect, but was happy that I wasn't bashed apart.
Next year, I'm going to do the A to Z challenge again. It was fun and I enjoyed doing it. Hopefully, next year, I'll have more readers and can say that this blog has taken off, but I'm not sure what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?