Saturday, May 26, 2012

Stay At Home Mom's And Housekeepers: One Blogger's Opinion

During a recent discussion on the site Cafemom, it was brought to my attention that my opinion on whether or not a stay at home mom should have a housekeeper or not wasn't a popular one.
Oops.
Personally, I don't think stay at home mom's should hire a housekeeper or a nanny. You are a stay at home mom, your job is to take care of your house. At least, that's MY opinion. And clearly, not a popular one.
I guess, in my situation, I just don't see the need. It literally takes me an hour or so to clean my house. But then, according to some, I don't deep clean enough (I don't wash my windows because they are hidden behind blinds and curtains, and I don't have baseboards), so I have no excuse and don't know what it's like.
I have certain days that I do certain things, plus I have my older two help out. I see zero reason in my house to ever be nasty, unless we are all sick. My house is always company ready, meaning that, at no point, am I embarrassed to have someone over. I don't spend all day cleaning, and when my husband gets home, I am able to sit with him and relax.
Now, if you have a medical issue or are taking care of a special needs person or something like that, that's totally different. But, IN MY OPINION, if you are a stay at home mom, your house is your responsibility.
What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I work fulltime and still manage to keep my house decent and I don't have a housekeeper. If I was a SAHM my house would be immaculate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you would plan to have a business of your own or to become a successful and contented being, try to search from trusted sites some stay-at-home-jobs, especially to those who are full time moms. Thank you for sharing this very interesting and informative post! I'll be looking forward for your other posts as well, anyway, nowadays, it is really hard to just start up a business on your own. Stay-at-home jobs are really important for those people who would want to start their own business or those who want to succeed in life. Over the past two years alone, Ali has received the honor of being ranked on the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing companies in the nation and named one of Ernst & Young's Winning Women Entrepreneurs, one of the Enterprising Women of the Year, one of Forbes' Women to Watch, and more. She was also featured in the season finale of ABC's Secret Millionaire, during which she lived on welfare, volunteered in some hard situations, and then gave away $100,000 of her own money to some of her community's most deserving organizations. work for stay at home moms

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?