Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tales Of The Passion-less

I am passionate about my family. My husband and our children are the absolute most important people in my life. I'm passionate about taking care of them, our home, and our finances.
I am passionate about books. I love to read and I encourage it in my children on the daily. Reading is so important to me and it's something I think should be encouraged and enriched.
I am passionate about music. Music is so much more than instruments and words. It's feeling, it's emotion, it's amazing.
That's where my passion ends.
In about a year or so, my youngest will be in school. My days of being a stay at home mom will end and I can either transition into being a housewife or find me a job.
The problem?
I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
All of my friends have something they are passionate about. I feel like I'm missing out because I don't have anything. I love writing my blog, but I'm not making any money from it (well...so far, $7.80...score!). I'm not really all that crafty. I get ideas, but talk myself out of them.
What I'd like to do is go to school, but I don't know WHAT I want to go to school for. I know I want to help someone, be useful, that kind of thing, but honestly, I just don't know if there is anything I can say that I truly love.
This saddens me, 'cause I'll be 30 in December and I feel like such a slacker.
What are YOU passionate about?

2 comments:

  1. I am currently employeed, but when I have my baby I will be a SAHM for a while. Then I want to go back and get my teaching certificate so I can have the same schedule as my kids and not have to rely on daycare when they get into school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not too much anymore---just my family really!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?