Tuesday, May 22, 2012

WHY Would Someone Do This?

Have you seen the video circulating around the internet of the man that puts his toddler into a washing machine at a laundry mat, only for it to lock and start, with the child still inside? If not, here's the video.
I'm really not sure what this man was thinking and I'm a little taken aback by this.
I use the laundry mat and I always have all 3 of my kids, one of which is a toddler. I'd NEVER in a million years DREAM of putting her inside of a washer like this. We actually decided against getting a front loader when we get our new set, because of a story that I read recently about a child who climbed into the front loader (you can read that story HERE). It's just not a chance I'm willing to take.
Evidently, from reports I've read, this man was trying to scare his child, for whatever reason. Now, when I go to the laundry mat with my 2.5 year old, she DOES like to "help", so I let her. But does like to watch the clothes wash and she is curious about the machines, so she does look inside of the empty ones. But she doesn't do anything that, in my opinion, would warrant needing to be scared. So, because of that, I just can't imagine what this child would need to be made fearful for.
If the attendant hadn't been there, this story would have ended so much worse than it did. That child would have died. I'm so happy that someone WAS there, but still.....I just can't wrap my head around WHY this father would do this.
When my toddler was still learning to walk, she discovered the dryer. It had a door on it that opened down rather than to the side. So she could climb up on it and get the clothes out or even climb in it. I admit, we did let her get in there and play, but we were watching and we knew she'd be safe.
Some parents, I think, should be tested before becoming a parent.....
What are your thoughts on this story?

1 comment:

  1. nothing surprises me anymore, when it comes to human beings

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?