Thursday, June 14, 2012

Let's Time Travel, Shall We?

Have you ever felt like you were born in the wrong era?
Sometimes, I think I was. I find myself fascinated with the late 40's, 50's, and early 60's. Back when poodle skirts were all the rage and the music was a clean kind of dirty. Bobby socks and wing tip shoes. 
I've always found soldiers from that era to be so handsome! It's probably because my own Grandpa was a soldier from back then and I just think he was so dashing! I've always felt that way and when I see movies with soldiers from the WW2 era, I just can't help but think how handsome they are.
My Grandpa Alvis and Grandma Molly
And the ladies from back then? Timeless, classic beauties. I love to look at pictures from back then, because I'm amazing by how stunning they are. They aren't overdone, they have GORGEOUS skin, and they are just what I always picture a lady looking like. THAT is what a woman is, at least in my opinion. Especially Marilyn Monroe. I just find her to be iconic and timeless.

Oh, and the CARS! Let me just say, I'm not a car enthusiast by any means, but my dream car from is a '57 Chevy Bel Air rag top convertible, cherry red with white interior, bucket seats. Oh, just a BEAUTIFUL car! 
I love the sound of music from back then. It's so soulful and just full of passion. I prefer jazz or singers like Ella Fitzgerald, Rosemary Clooney, Etta James, etc.
I truly like I'm either an old soul or a misplaced soul. But there is something about this time period that speaks to my heart and makes me wish I could have lived back then. If I could time travel, I'd go back and experience it for just a little while......
What time period do you find to be interesting, that you'd like to experience?

2 comments:

  1. I would go back to the 60' s find my dad and party hard. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting post with lovely pictures. I think I would like to be back in the early 70s when all the members of my immediate family were alive. I can recall fun times, groovy music and life was certainly less stressful. I am a new Follower of your Blog via Twitter. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.
    Judy - JUDY H-J'S THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?