Thursday, August 16, 2012

Open Houses and Trial and Error

Last night, Sebastian and Anastasia's school held their open house. They are transferring to a different school, because we'd moved and aren't in the district we were in before. This broke all of our hearts, because we adored their school. From what I can tell, their teachers are nice though. And the kids don't seem too nervous about it.
The school they are going to is HUGE! There are about 3 floors (basement that houses some classes, main level, and a 2nd floor). Their class rooms are on the second floor. I was a bit intimidated by the size of the school, but they didn't seem to mind.
I also went to do this confidentiality training they offer. You have to do this in order to be able to volunteer or go on field trips. I have one more year until my youngest is in school, and when she goes to school, I want to go back. I just can't make up my mind on what I want to go for. So I figure, if I can volunteer at the kids' school and see how I do, maybe I can find some direction.
I see a lot of my friends who are teachers and how excited they are when they start the school year.
I wish I had something like that.
I need a career, but every time I get excited about something, I talk myself out of it. I HATE that. It makes me feel like there is nothing out there I'm passionate about.
What is your career, if you have one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?