Thursday, August 23, 2012

Rotini and Broccoli With Cheese

I made this last night, with grilled chicken. Let me just say, it was TASTY! Even my KIDS ate it, which was a HUGE deal.
The best part? It was healthy!
I used whole wheat Great Value Rotini ($.88 a box!) with Great Value Reduced Fat 2% easy melt cheese and Private Selection broccoli. The only thing I'm doing different next time is using broccoli cuts rather than whole stocks.
Boil the Rotini and add the broccoli in the last 4 minutes of cooking. While the pasta is cooking melt down the cheese with about 1/4 cup of milk (I used 2%). Drain the pasta and broccoli, the combine them with the cheese.
Easy peesy and only around 249 calories and 3 grams of fat per serving (serving is 1 cup dry, which I think is 2 cups cooked.)
Next time I make it, I'll take a pick and post it....but it was so tasty and super filling!

~Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Freakin awesome calorie count girl!!! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All together, with the chicken, it was 417 calories and 4 grams of fat.
    Sounds like a healthy dinner to me!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?