Sunday, September 2, 2012

My unsual relationship and how I wouldn't want it any other way ;)

***So. I guess I'm just a weirdo who has completely different views then that of most of the world. I have to throw in a warning, this blog may be offensive. As much as I would love to see more visitors to our blog, I'm not censoring my thoughts and opinions for the sake of traffic. Everything you read at Mommy Chronicles is REAL. With that being said, hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend!***
 
OK. I love my husband. I love him about as much as I love my children. With one exception. I will always love my children, no matter what no matter anything. I love them and would die for them. I would not die for my husband and I would probably spaz (my word here haha) if he told me "we were going to be together for the rest of our lives." and, "I'll love you forever." type stuff. That kind of stuff pisses me off. When I say I will love you forever it means my love for you that I feel at this exact moment will never ever die. I cannot promise this. I cannot promise that either of us will change in a way that makes one of us love each other less, or even worse, fall out of love. I say I would not die for him because really? How selfish is that. I'll save your life, but you have to mourn mine and I get the easy way out? Well that and we have children. 4 beautiful little people who I'd be abandoning to die for their father. That is bad on my part. I'm finding it hard to put into words but if you have questions jet me a comment.  If anything ever threatened my marriage, I'd fight tooth and nail depending on the situation, but if it is out of my control then it's gone. I truly believe if you love something, let it go. If it was meant to be it will come back. Unless you throw a boomerang. Those things are like herpes always comes back! If my husband wasn't happy, I'd try my hardest to salvage what I could and change the things I need to....if he was in love with someone else, I'd let him go. And I'd take the house. But he knows this already ;) If I leave him, he gets to keep it.  We are very open and honest with each other.
 
There are a lot of things we do not get pissed over that most couples drive a wedge between each other over. If I could give one relationship tip it'd be communicate with your partner. My second tip would be to really pick and choose your battles. Check your hormones at the door. Or in my case, at the pharmacy ;) I'm not trying to convert you to my beliefs...I'm just telling you what works for us. We've been happily married for 4 years (I'm sure not nearly as long as half you.) But when I say happily I mean really happy. I flirt with other people, he looks at other people (because he's too oblivious to realize when someone IS flirting.) and we come home to each other.
 
 Communicate with your partner. Pick and choose your battles. No need to thank me.
♥ Jen♥

2 comments:

  1. I love your honesty! HAHAHA "Check your hormones at the door." Damn - I wish you'd written this on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!!! Thank you :) I'm having such a horrible time with my hormones right now it's horrible :( BUT hubby is going grocery shopping and is picking up my hormone patches :) YAY!!! ~Jen.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?