Wednesday, September 19, 2012

SOUPer Easy Chicken Noodle Soup

It's that time of year again.
The temperature is starting to dip, the nights are cooler, the sweaters are being brought out and washed.
We are approaching Fall here in Kentucky. This morning, we turned the heat on 'cause it was so cold in my house. It didn't get above maybe 67 so I figured it was the PERFECT night for some chicken noodle soup!
It was DELISH, so of course I just HAD to share the recipe!

Here's what I used:
1 bag of frozen chicken tenders (I used the Kroger brand, but any brand will do and I used them all)
2 cans of sliced carrots
1 yellow onion
8 bullion cubes
1 48oz container of chicken broth
About half a bag of egg noodles (but use whatever noodles you want)
random spices

First thing I did was, at 9 this morning, I put the chicken in a pot of water with 4 bullion cubes, salt, pepper, onion powder, a teaspoon (about half a clove) of minced garlic, chopped parsley and chopped basil. I put it on low and let it cook all day long.
Around 6 this evening, I drained the chicken and set it aside. I poured the container of broth with about 4 cups of water into the pot with the other 4 bullion cubes and another teaspoon of minced garlic, parsley, basil, salt and pepper and a little over half a bag of egg noodles. I let it cook until the pasta was just tender, shredding the chicken while the noodles cooked. Then I added 2 cans of sliced carrots and 1 yellow onion, quartered and then those pieces cut in half (eigthed? IDK, math isn't a strong point for me. lol) and the chicken and let it all cook for an additional 10 minutes or so.
That's it! That's how you make it. I let mine simmer on low while we ate, to keep it warm. It stores nicely for a day or two, or you can freeze the left overs.
If you try it, let me know what your family thought about it please!

~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. An excellent post, providing something good to read,it's just good to came across the post on hand sets and its features.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?