Wednesday, October 10, 2012

An Ode to my happy pills :)

As you all know Jen (MEEE) is now on some happy pills. And I'm pretty sure they're WORKING. I wanna jump and yell and scream. But...I'm afraid my neighbors would have me committed. Everyone was worried about me before..I start doing that crap and they're gonna think I've flipped my already bat turd crazy little mind. The kids were all flipping out on me pulling a Davey Crockett and The Alamo. Dale was laid out on the couch with a massive headache. I was trying to cook. I lost my temper ONCE. Yeah. Only once. Dale said I raised my voice, corrected them, then sighed and went on my way. Normally I'd have flipped and screamed and yelled. That episode would have ruined my entire night. But it didn't. I even sat and played with the kids. We tickled, played, laughed. It was nice. Nice as in I actually enjoyed myself without feeling like it was something I had to do. We then baked a cake together after dinner. Everyone had a turn with the mixer and everything. It was cool. I even let them put icing on it before it had cooled completely so they could have cake before they went to bed. (Pet peeve of mine.) He told me some other way he knew the meds were working but I don't quite remember them. All I know is I'm feeling pretty great! I actually feel like doing things instead of having the feeling that I only have to. The kids and I have had a day full of complete junk food. Ever have one of those days? I've been so anxiety ridden therefore uptight lately I decided to have a day of not so uptight mommy. We had cake for breakfast. (Don't judge.) Homemade pizza bagels for "dessert." Then sat in the boy's room (used to be the play room but still kinda is.) on top of blankets, munching on Doritos watching the stars. (glow in the dark stick ons.) We pretended to see the cow jumping over the moon and frogs jumping on the stars. Don't hate. LOL. The kids enjoyed it. So I'm feeling better. I just hope it's not the "placebo" effect.  (See link for definition.) I really am happy for the first time in my life. I really didn't realize HOW unhappy I was until now. I also am trying to continue to do small things to let my hubs know how much I love him and appreciate him. So..I sliced him a piece of cake, took a skewer and wrote, " JEI ♥'s RDI." into the icing and stuck the bowl in his seat in the van in which I've been heating up for him the past couple days so he can get into a warm vehicle. Love that man. His chuckle over something I'd texted him made me grin like a toothless woman eating mashed potatoes.
Onto something else. I have a big post coming up I'm publishing Friday. You really don't want to miss it. And it will be there Friday! Scouts honor. Well I wasn't a scout..but whatever :) Mwuahs! ♥ Jen.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better, sweetie face :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! I'm most certainly much happier. Doesn't mean i'm not crazy still ;) Haha. JK.

      Delete
  2. So glad something's helping. Good for you for taking all the right steps. Your reward is how you're feeling and the joy you're getting from your relationship with your kids.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?