Friday, November 2, 2012

Hair Dye and Make Up

I'm 29 years old and I'm staring down 30 like it's a piece of cake and I'm a hungry fat kid (which is generally how I look at cake, considering I really am a hungry fat kid). In 1 month and 8 days, I will be 30.
*sigh*
I've been a mom since I was 21 and a half. 
This has taken it's toll on my appearance...not that I had much of one PRIOR to kids, I just didn't have as many gray hairs and I actually got to sleep.
8 years later and I can look in the mirror and see more than a couple of grays.
Naturally, this saddens me.
At the beginning of this year, I got my hair done professionally and I. LOVED. IT!
It was cut, styled, colored and highlighted. I looked effing AWESOME!
Naturally, considering I'm lacking the style gene, I couldn't get it to look NEAR as awesome as Anna did (my friend and the stylist that did my hair) and I couldn't really afford the upkeep, so I let it go. I have naturally curly hair and zero patience with my flat iron. So as soon as my hair grew our, I started putting it back in it's pony tail, because I don't think my hair is that great..it's all fluffy and weird looking and, considering I can't figure out how to style it, it has zero style.
Well, I got tired of looking at my once fabulous hair that has now gone south and seeing all the gray. I decided I needed to dye it, seeing as how I couldn't afford to pay to have it done professionally again. But I also wanted to try a different color.
The movie "The Avengers" gave me inspiration. When I wasn't drooling over Chris Hemsworth (Thor), I was noticing my husband and son drooling over Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow). I looked at her and fell in love with her hair color.
I promptly took to google and discovered the color....Feria #66...Ruby Fusion.
Oh, it's ON!
I go to Wal-Mart, all hyped up about getting my hair colored.
Naturally, everyone else seemed to be inspired by this color as well, because I couldn't find it.
*sigh*
I go back a couple of days later and the Hair Gods decided to have mercy on me, because there it was, with a light shining on it and a $1 off coupon attached to it.
SCORE!
I snatched it up and made like Smeagol/Gollum from "The Lord of the Rings" and went running through Wal-Mart like a mad woman shouting "MY PRECIOUS!"
(note: no, I didn't really do this...or did I? hmmmm! lol)
We get home and I give my husband the ol' eye bat and ask him for his help. Being the AWESOME husband he is, he agreed and we set forth to dying my hair. Now, I LOVE when people mess with my hair. I swear, I was a house cat in a previous life, because I LOVE to be pet.
We get the dye in my hair, I sit for 25 minutes and rinse it out and wait for it to dry.
I
Looked
AWESOME!

BEFORE
AFTER

I love it and think it looks awesome. If I like it, then I plan to keep the color and maybe had some black and blond streaks to it, along with an AWESOME cut and style.....I just have to find one. I have an idea of what I want, but I'm not sure if I'll follow through or not.
*My make-up in the second picture was done my Jen, my fabulous co-writer*

No comments:

Post a Comment

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?