Monday, December 10, 2012

Birthday Blog.....30...REALLY?


Today, I leave my 20's behind and turn the big 3-0.

I figure I could look at it one of two ways. I could be all like...
and be grumpy the rest of the day OR I could try to make the best of it.
I admit, I AM a little bit bummed, because when I turned 29, I vowed to make changes in my life, both mind, body, and soul, to make me a better person in my 30's than I was in my 20's.

I didn't do that.

This has been a very trying year for me and I failed on that aspect. Instead of losing weight, I actually gained. Well, I guess that's the only way I failed. I'm doing more to pay it forward this year. I feel like I'm doing a better job of taking care of my family and home.

This year, I'm making a vow and I'm sticking to it. 2013 is going to be my year and, on my 31's birthday, I'll be a new, better Sarah. I think I'm truly in a place in my life where I can lose the weight I need to be healthy. I'm going to spend 2013 and my first year in my 30's improving.
I feel like I'm in the right state of mind, for the first time in a long, long time. I'm going to be taking steps into things that I'm not sure if I'll succeed at, but if I do could probably be pretty huge for me. It might also give me direction on what I want to go to school for...score! lol

Instead of looking at it like this:
I'm looking at turning 30 like THIS:
So here's to turning 30.
BRING IT ON!

On another note, I am reminded of this episode of Friends.






6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! It's not so bad... In your 30's things really start to come together & you start to learn who you really are. Have a WONDERFUL day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I think it's already starting!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! I remember 30. Smile, knowing that it all gets even better from here. Enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I think it's already starting to get better!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! Thirty is a piece of cake. However, if you'd like for all of us commemorate the 1st anniversary of your 29th birthday, we can all play along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, this is your year for sure!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?