Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012. Hello 2013!

I can't believe that 2012 is over and 2013 is here. Seems like just yesterday, we were ringing in 2012!



2012 was a roller coaster, that's for sure. It started out okay, but quickly went down hill. Money problems, jobs lost, jobs found, jobs having to be given up, 3 moves and a cat that was taken from us.....yea, it's not been all rainbows and sunshine.


In February, my husband lost his job. I was working, but only part time. We still had some money from out tax return, but that quickly fizzled out because of a few payments that came out that we wasn't expecting. In March, he found a new job and I had to give up my job, which I loved. That made me sad. But little did we know, this wasn't just a job my husband had found..it was a career.

Then, we were evicted from our house because of our cat.

Obama the cat
We were told, when we moved in, that we could have our cat. He was declawed and neutered and you honestly couldn't tell we even HAD a cat, if you didn't see him. We are pretty sure there was a bunch of other reasons and we were planning on moving anyway because the property managers lived right in front of us and they were extremely unprofessional. So, we started packing and putting things in storage. We had one last night and we were going to take our cat to my sister-in-laws. We left him in the home, figuring he'd be safe. I went back the next day and he was gone. We later found out that they'd went into the home and took him, giving him to someone else that ended up killing him. That just about broke my heart, 'cause this cat was so much more than a cat...he was part of the family.


The temp in my old place..in the middle of summer.
We stayed, temporarily, in a hotel until a place we thought was going to be home opened up. This place is now referred to as "The Redneck Riviera" by us. It was a 3 bedroom double wide that was not at all cleaned up. The people who'd lived there before me trashed the place. I tried to turn it into a home, but it just didn't happen. They flat out refused to fix the air, we couldn't put a window unit in the windows and half of the windows didn't open, so we were burning up in that house. We got our first electric bill and it was almost $500! The second bill was just as much! We decided that we couldn't stay there, so we tried to find another place. We thought we'd found one, but they ended up renting it. A few days later, she called me and told me that they had another place opening up at the first of July (this was the first or so of June). We looked at it and much to our surprise, it was really nice, it was a 4 bedroom, and it was the same amount of rent we were paying at the other place. So we packed up out stuff again, put it in storage and stayed at my Dad's. We've been in our new home since then and we absolutely LOVE it. All 3 kids have their own rooms, it's plenty big for us and our landlords are AWESOME!

In October, we hit a little snag, but we over came that and it's been pretty good.


Things have been steadily improving since then. We pulled Christmas off without stress and it was a success. We aren't struggling financially. We are happy. So 2012 is ending much better.


My hopes for 2013 are very simple. I hope my husband continues to excel at his job and to continue to advance. I hope my kids continue to do well at school and excel in their studies. They'll start 4th grade and can join the basketball team and cheer leading squad. Cailin will get to start preschool this fall and I'm hoping to get my business launched. I'm hoping to be at least 75 pounds lighter than I am now and I hope to be healthier. I hope we are still in the same home we are in and well on our way to buying our own home. I hope we continue to grow as a family and just be happy.


So see ya 2012! And bring it, 2013!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a really rough year, but you're ending on a good note. Better to have gotten all the bad stuff out of the way. Wishing you a very happy 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your cat. That made me really sad. I hope 2013 is a great year for you guys and that your simple hopes all come to fruition. Best wishes from Josie x.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?