Friday, January 18, 2013

Just Sittin' Here Like A Fly On The Wall

Have you ever thought about what people might think if they saw what goes on behind-the-scenes at your house? Do you ever wonder what it would be like to catch a glimpse of someone else’s daily life? Here’s your chance. Today 14 bloggers are inviting you into their homes to be a fly on the wall.




Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:

http://www.BakingInATornado.com                      
http://hypnoticbard.blogspot.com/                            
http://stacysewsandschools.wordpress.com/
http://mybrainonkids.net/   
http://www.justalittlenutty.com/ 
http://sanitywaitingtohappen.blogspot.com
http://menopausalmother.blogspot.com/
http://ibddaddyandme.blogspot.com
http://www.therowdybaker.com
http://sadderbutwiser.wordpress.com
http://whencrazymeetsexhaustion.wordpress.com/
http://smn0409.blogspot.com/
http://DeBieHive.blogspot.com
http://specialedarmywife.blogspot.com/

Okay, here goes:

1) It's a few days after Christmas..possibly a few days after New Years and Cailin just finished using the potty. She came running out, pants and panties around her ankles, wanting me to pull her pants up. I did and Matthew said "I saw your butt!!" This prompts Cailin to drop trow and run around yelling "Look at my butt!!". Sebastian comes in to ask a question from his room and Cailin runs over to him and says "My butt!!! Look at my butt!!" and starts shaking her butt. That child isn't right....

2) My mom came to visit from Florida for the holidays. We didn't tell the kids because we wanted to surprise them. They were in bed when I got home with her from the airport, so we went in to their room to wake them up. Sebastian jumped out of bed and was like "NANA!!!!" Anastasia.....she didn't quite get it. She just looked confused as all get out.....and in the morning, she said she thought it was a dream.

3) Over Christmas break, it snowed a little bit. Not much, just enough to cover the porch a little. The kids wanted to go outside and play in what they could of it, so I said go for it. They bundled up, used socks for gloves ('cause we didn't have gloves for them yet) and headed out side. All 3 of them. Cailin quickly discovered that she wasn't a fan of the snow and came in the house saying "Mommy, I hate snow! It makes me fall down!" I don't think she'll be playing in it much now....lol

4) On January 2, my mom left to go back to Florida. She didn't want me driving home from Knoxville on my own, so I took a friend with me. I hated seeing her go and really wish she didn't have to, but I hope she'll come back to live soon.

5) My husband is a HUGE football fan. Seriously, if there is football on, it WILL be watched. If one of his teams are playing, then there is mostly likely going to be quite a bit of profanity. Well, one particular day, one of his teams were playing and a bad call was made, which prompted him to yell "What the f^ck?!" Little ears (Cailin) was sitting next to him and repeated him word for word. He beamed with pride (his girl was into football!!) while I turned red and cringed. Oh boy.

6) We got Anastasia an MP3 player for Christmas.She LOVED it. I promptly loaded it up with music and sent her on her merry way. Evidently my husband decided some blackmail was in order, so he grabbed our video camera and went to her room. Her door was cracked, Sebastian was laying on his temporary bed (my mom was here and he gave up his bedroom to her). He spotted Matthew, but Anastasia did not. The attitude she had here alone was funny.....you get to hear some of her singing, see this little hand move and some neck rolling. It was HILARIOUS!


7) I was putting my bra on the other day when Cailin came into the room. She asked me what I was doing and I told her I was putting on my bra. She asked why and I told her to hold up my boobs. She looked at me and said "You have big boobies, Mommy". I said yes, I know. She then pulled her shirt away from her body and looked down it and declared "I have small boobies". I told her that she did. She thought about it for a minute, looked toward the living room, where Matthew was and said "Daddy has big boobies too!"

8) This e-card going around yesterday that just confused the hell out of me. I just couldn't get it for some reason. When Matthew got home from work and we'd settled in after dinner, he was on the computer while I was on my Kindle and it popped up again. I told him I didn't get it and read it to him. Only then did it dawn on me....because they sag there pants. I took it to the gutter and was thinking about shrinkage, which it why it wasn't computing. Oops. lol

9) The other day, I overslept....okay, I didn't really oversleep...I got up at the right time, but the night before, the hubs and I had decided that he was going to drive the kids to school that morning, because it was going to be cold and I didn't want to go out in it. Well, HE overslept, so I just decided to let the kids stay home from school. Anastasia started crying, because today was toy day at school. Sebastian, on the other hand, put his hand on my shoulder and said "Thank you for being so tired, Mom....I did NOT want to go to school."

10) I've started working out, because I'm trying to lose weight. I was trying to do this workout, but having a hard time, because Cailin wanted to lay in the floor next to me and play. When I asked her to move, she looked up at me and said "But Mommy, this is where I HAVE to play....." I said that I was trying to work out and she informed me that she, too, was trying to work, now leave her alone!

11) I got an AWESOME deal on Taylor Swifts "Red" album (download from Amazon for $1.99...and I had a gift credit!). I put it on Anastasia's MP3 player and Cailin started listening to "Never Ever Getting Back Together". Now, all I have to do is whistle the tune and she starts singing it. She absolutely LOVES that song. She does a pretty good job of it too.

12) My husband and I were in search of an oven bag because we were making Christmas dinner. We searched all over the place and couldn't find one. We went to Kroger and was so happy that they had one. This prompted us to do a happy dance right there in the middle of the store. THAT, my friend, is why we are made for each other.

Make sure you check out the other "walls" in this fun challenge! Gain a little insight into their worlds!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the videos!!!! I recently caught my 2 youngest doing the Gangnam dance!! I can't wait to show that around when they are teens... LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is quite musical. And amusing. This was such a fun look into your life, but my favorite is the Happy Dance as proof that you're made for each other. Funny and sweet at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter won't let me work out. Don't feel bad! ;-)

    In our house you can't even say the word underwear, let alone the word butt because those are the funniest words in the world! Don't ask me why.

    For your kids... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmCxtWrRQJ8 HA HA!

    I enjoyed the little look into your house! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, bad words always sound horrifying and hilarious (simultaneously) when used correctly by little ones. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The singing kids and eCard were the perfect additions to this post!! The Fly on the Wall thing is FUN!!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep - loved the videos! Keep those safe - maybe they'll make you rich someday if the girls get famous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at #7 man boobs. HUL-arious! Videos are too cute, too!!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?