Friday, January 4, 2013

Shhh...It's A Secret....Subject Swap That Is!

Welcome to Take One of January’s Secret Subject Swap. This week, 16 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts. 



Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:

www.BakingInATornado.com               
http://www.chewylicious.com   
http://itsadomelife.com
http://mylifeaslucille.blogspot.com/
http://smn0409.blogspot.com/
http://sanitywaitingtohappen.blogspot.com/
http://hypnoticbard.blogspot.com/                          
http://www.peanutlayne.com/
http://raising-reagan.com/
http://DeBieHive.blogspot.com
http://mybrainonkids.net/ 
http://followmehome.shellybean.com
http://www.theadventuresofthefamilypants.com
http://dinoheromommy.com/
http://www.justalittlenutty.com
http://www.momaical.com

My subject came from Sanity Waiting To Happen and she wants to know: What life event(s), either in the past or recurring, does the month of January remind you of?
Hmmm....do I want to make this funny, sad, happy, fearful? How about all of the above? lol

When I think of January, the first thing that comes to mind is the following......

Picture, if you will....it's December 31, 2008. My husband of only 3 months is encouraging me to get my New Years Eve drink on. I'm not feeling it AT ALL. What the hell is wrong with me? I LIKE to drink. It's fun. So why am I not partaking? Hmmmm. Oh, it's time to count down.....10....9.......8....7....6...5....4....3...2.....1......HAPPY NEW YEAR!
It's January 1....I check the calendar...yup....good ol' Aunt Flo...ol reliable is suppose to come visit me today. CCRRAAPP!!!!
It's January 2....HOLY JEEZ, my boobs are KILLING me! *glares at husband* Touch them and you DIE!
It's January 3....hmmm.....Aunt Flo is always here on time...what the crap is up with that?
WWAAIITT.....nooooooooooooooooooooooo....no way.......
*drops kids off at their Great Grandma's and rushes over to Dollartree with $1.06 in hand and purchases a pregnancy test, then rushes home*
Okay....I gotta pee....I can do this.....I can do this.....*pees in cup and drops some of the pee onto the test* Just be calm...there's no way you're pregnant...no way at all.....I mean....I guess you COULD be, but...nah...no...you're not preg.....*peeks* Oh shit.
*Pacing now, until husband gets home from work*
Hi honey...how was work? Fine? My day was pretty good...kids are at A's house...oh, here look at this.
*hides face while husband stares at pregnancy test*
"You're pregnant?"
Yup....that's what that test there says.
January 4.....I'm awake, but I refuse to pee....gotta go buy a new test....
*rushes to store, gets new test, goes home and pees on it*
It's positive....wow....
January 5....Okay, let's go to the Health Department and get this confirmed!

Okay, you get the drift. lol. I found out I was pregnant and, while I was happy, I was also a little scared, because in October, I'd found out I was pregnant and, within a week, I'd had a miscarriage. I went to the health department to confirm I was pregnant, made a DR appointment and all that. I get in to see the DR, they confirm again that I AM pregnant, do blood work, all that jazz. We get to the one week mark since the positive pregnancy test and, by this time, I've tested at the health department, the OBGYN, and about 5 times at home. I buy a digital and it says "pregnant". I get a letter from the DR saying they need me to call them about my blood work.

CRAP!

I go in because I'd already had an ultrasound scheduled and they tell me that my progesterone levels are low and I have to take a supplement every night at bed. They get me up on the table and squeeze the cold jelly on my stomach and start fishing around, finding the baby and all that. Then they whip out the magic wand and...well....you know where THAT goes (hint..there's a condom on the end of it) and she starts probing me. I flinch or something 'cause she goes "I'm sorry". Not realizing what she was apologizing for, my heart sank.......

Until she said "Look right there."

And I do.

And I see it....my little bean pulsating. I looked at my husband and tell him that it's the heartbeat. Our baby is alive.

We knew, from day one, that Cailin was a going to be a curly-haired little girl that was stubborn as a mule. She was a fighter. And here we are, almost 4 years later...she's potty trained, smart as can be, and stubborn as a mule.

Before that time, January wasn't really full of happy memories. Cailin changed that, as she did many other things.

Ultrasound pic from that day

My big girl now

20 comments:

  1. i love reading everhyone's prompts and posts. That is so exciting and what a wonderful memory. It makes life even more precious. She is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She's a hellion, that's for sure. But she just wouldn't be Cailin if she wasn't. lol

      Delete
  2. Awwww! I found out I was pregnant with our youngest in January too, in much the same way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that always fun? haha. My husband and I joke that the reason I don't drink now is because I was a little..um.....inebriated the night she was conceived. Even though my tubes are tied now...why chance it? haha!

      Delete
  3. Wow, I have goose bumps. What a great thing to remember about January. This was the perfect prompt for you. Thanks so much for sharing this story. Starts out scary but ends up perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for once again allowing me to be part of it! I love these!

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful January memory to have!
    I wish they didn't grow up so dang fast.
    Expanding the family is an excellent way to start a new year.
    My poor hubby has been awoken to many a little white stick being waved at him WAY too early in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss those days so badly! It's almost like you blink and you miss something. And no more babies for us, so this one was bitter sweet.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I LOVE this post! I remember the fear, excitement and more fear that accompanied this stage of pregnancy. What a terrific prompt for you to receive. Wonderful!!
    Tracy @ Momaical

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Once we saw that she had a heartbeat (and that I wasn't having twins again), we breathed a little bit.

      Delete
  6. This was such a touching story. I'm so glad you received this prompt. I'm also glad that everything turned out wonderfully for your family..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was quite a wild ride with her. And it hasn't stopped yet (she's currently sitting in the floor "drawing", demanding I give her back her bubbles and draw her hand).

      Delete
  7. I love that your January memories were turned around by your sweet baby <3 Wonderful post, mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They they were. She's the best memory of all. And the cool thing? My co-writer Jen had her twins on January 3 as well....one year after I took that test!

      Delete
  8. awww!! Such a cute memory!! And, she's so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww that is such a beautiful story! I can't wait for one of my own!!! Lovely post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great memory ~ Your daughter is going to love reading this when she is older :)

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I HEART this post! :-D Wonderful. I love January because my son was born, on this very date. :-D He just turned eight yesterday, which is why I'm getting caught up on my reading today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww, love this post! I have 2 October kids who were conceived in Jan so it's a special month. Plus it's also the month I met my hubby.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?