Monday, February 18, 2013

Get On Up and Go Go

Wonder who knows where I got the title from......lol

I'm new to the Slim By Summer challenge and completely forgot to post last week, so here we go.





I've only recently began eating healthy and, here lately, I admit that I've failed.....hard core. We've been eating out A LOT here lately and it all just looks so good that I HAVE to get what I want. So, this post is going to be more about what I plan to do than what I've done in the past.

Last week, my sister and I took our girls to McDonald's to play and get some energy out. I WANTED some chicken nuggets. But what I got was a grilled chicken salad with low fat balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It was tasty and filling, but it didn't satisfy my desire to have chicken nuggets and fries. So maybe, what I'll do in the future, if I happen to find myself in this position again, is get a kid's meal. It's not great on calories, but it's not near as bad as what I'd usually eat.

If I find myself out at a sit down restaurant, then I'll do the best I can and I'll try to order off the low fat menu, should they have one. But I figure, every now and then, it won't hurt to indulge.

I'm also going to try to keep a closer eye on what my kids eat. They aren't overweight, but I don't want them to get that way either.

So, so far, that's the plan. Whether or not it sticks is the question. lol

2 comments:

  1. That's a great compromise in my opinion. I think that we all have to give into the instant need for things other wise we go on crazy binges and that hurts worse than anything!

    Good luck with it sticking!!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! When I go to a fast food restaurant, a salad just doesn't cut it! I love french fries too much! :)
    LA :)
    www.simplysmilingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?