Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Learning To Be Me

Monday, my youngest started school and I find myself having gained a few hours of "me" time.

What is this "me" time I hear so much about? Other than when I was pregnant with Cailin, I have had a child around me since July 24, 2004. When I was pregnant with Cailin, Sebastian and Anastasia were in preschool, so I had a few hours to myself, but I was pregnant and sick and couldn't do much but lay around. Now that all of my kids are in school and I am NOT pregnant (thanks Dr. Viner for fixing that little issue!), I'm not quite sure what to expect or how to spend my time.

The other day, I made a family household management notebook. Most people use binders and I do have one of those, but no printer. In this, I came up with a cleaning schedule and a daily schedule for me. I told myself, all day on Sunday, that I was going to get up at the ungodly hour of 6 to hit the gym. That totally didn't happen, because I am simply NOT a morning person and when the alarm went off, I reset it for 7. I like to tell myself that I CAN get up that early, but honestly, I don't see it happening. So Monday and Tuesday, I got my exercise in by doing an hour of Just Dance 4, after spending about 2 hours giving the house a good, deep cleaning and walking around random stores. Once I get in the groove, however, I will be making sure a daily visit to the gym is in the cards.

Cailin is adjusting to going to school. She absolutely LOVES it.  Her teacher was Sebastian and Anastasia's teacher 5 years ago. I think that's pretty cool. 

Today is my first day home alone. So far, I'm eating breakfast and watching TV.....shows that I can't watch when kids aren't around. I took my van to get a hose replaced (oh....by the way, I got a new van...lol) and I need to go pick it up. I'm not 100% sure how to spend my day just yet, but I'm getting there. And in the process, I'm going to figure out who I am. I'm going to learn to be me. And I'm going to start enjoying life a little more.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are getting some time to yourself. Us mamas need that time SO bad and although at times it makes us feel guilty --- it's totally warranted!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my kids started school I made a standing weekly appointment to get my nails done. It wasn't about the nails, it was about forcing myself to relax, be pampered and not be somewhere where I could jump up and do a chore. Do your exercising and your cleaning, learn more about you, but make sure you plan in some relax time!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?