Thursday, March 7, 2013

At The Corner Of Stick With It And Run Away

To say I'm a little stressed out right now would be just a little bit of an understatement.

The sad thing? I don't know why.

Yesterday, Cailin was sick. And when she's sick, she's very, VERY demanding. I wore myself out running back and forth, dealing with her, with the other two home due to snow on top of that. Then, around 5ish last night I found out that school was out the rest of the week due to "illness and road conditions". 

Really?! *sigh*

Cailin still has a HORRIBLE cough and is still running a little fever, so she's home the rest of the week too. And she's still being demanding. The other two are acting like they've never been out of school, or like they were raised by wolves. 

This morning, we dropped the husband off at work, then I decided to go to Wal-Mart to get a few things. A whiny 3 year old + 8 year olds that act like they've never been in public before + a mother that is just about at her wits end = DISASTER. Disaster to the point that I was in the produce section and another shopper commented on how bad the kids were being.

*face palm*

By the time I got home, I was seriously contemplating running away. 

I've calmed down now, but I was really on the verge of just crying, because it was in those moments when I either realized or just felt that the kids just didn't give two craps about me. I felt alone, I felt like I had no purpose. It wasn't a good feeling. Even now, as I right this, I want to cry, because I'm not sure if these feeling are the truth, or if I'm just self-projecting again.

Either way, it's not a good feeling to have at all.

1 comment:

  1. Totally not the truth. We all have those moments where we just want to throw in the towel and say, "FINE, LITTLE PEOPLE! YOU WIN!" Loving them when they are unlovable is a job you are well-equipped for and teaches them that sometimes, we don't like a person very much but that doesn't mean they can't be loved. PS ~ When you run away, be sure to pack a blankie <3

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?