Monday, March 4, 2013

Back On Track, Jack


I admit it.
I've fallen off the wagon lately. HARDCORE!
It's not something I'm proud of, but we got our taxes back and February was basically a free for all at all the local restaurants. I figured that I'd gained back every single ounce I'd lost, but I was actually shocked to find I hadn't. I'd maintained, but I hadn't gained. I guess all the shopping helped me.. lol
But today is a new day, the start of a new week. And I'm not going to let that wagon leave with out me.
Today, I'm getting back on track.
One of the first things I'm going to do is start taking a B-12 vitamin, to help boost my energy. I'm researching different daily multivitamins, because, well...I need it. I'm going to get everyone off to school and work and make sure I hit the gym every day for a hour, then home to clean and do what I need to do around the house. Throw in an hour of Just Dance with the kids and I think we've got us a workout routine. Plus, I'll have my Zumba every Thursday.
Another thing I'm going to do is take more time to measure out the foods I eat. I bought some measuring cups/spoons that I'll be using. Some things, I'll probably even cut in half, because I realize that some of the serving sizes are quite large.
Matthew has decided to leave soda behind, which makes me super proud! We both need to get healthy and I hope that I can make an impact on him when I start losing more weight. I'll be happy when it warms up and the days are longer...I might be able to convince him to take a walk with me every now and then.
I only need to lose 8 pounds to reach my first goal of 20 pounds lost by April 1. I know I can do that, no problem.
I'm on a mission to make my family healthier. I want to cut back on the kids' juice drinking, limit it to one cup a day, at dinner. I'm trying to research ways to naturally flavor water so they'll drink it. I signed the older two up for baseball/softball and I can't wait to get out there with Cailin and watch them play and run around. Next year or maybe for fall ball, I'll sign Cailin up. I wanted her to see what it was about first though. I also plan to take the kids to the gym every Saturday, just to play, run around, shoot hoops, that kinda thing.
I'm taking picture of my progress and might start posting them every 3 months or so. I've not really made up my mind yet.
But I'm getting back up on that wagon....because I'm really serious, this time, about getting this weight off me.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of u big sis!! It takes guts to admit any kind of failure, but it's so cool u realize u don't have to give up just because u fell down. Consider it a learning experience. I know u have way more mom experience than me, but if I have learned anything in the 3 years of being a mom it's that being healthy and setting that example for your kids is one of the most important lessons you will ever teach them. So I'm thinking about taking you up on that offer to train u, to get some practice in... Not sure yet though.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?