Friday, March 8, 2013

Change...It Shouldn't Be A Secret!

Welcome to Take One of March’s Secret Subject Swaps. This week, 15 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts. 
 
 
Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:
 
http://www.BakingInATornado.com                         
http://chewylicious.wordpress.com/                    
http://smn0409.blogspot.com/                
http://dinoheromommy.com/                   
http://www.justalittlenutty.com/                    
http://followmehome.shellybean.com            
http://lifeonthesonnyside.blogspot.com/               
dates2diapers2.blogspot.com                             
http://www.tinystepsmommy.com                      
                                     
 
My subject is “What would you like to see changed by the time you are a grandparent? ”.  It was submitted by http://www.tinystepsmommy.com.  Here goes:  
 
I could try to make this funny and say something silly, but this is a subject that I feel would be best handled with honesty, as there are a few things I'd like to see changed, not really by the time I'm grandparent, but NOW. These are changes that I feel are vital to this country, to the people in it, and just to humanity in general.

I'd like to see all people that love each other be able to get married. I think it's silly that two, consenting adults that love each other can't marry because they might be the same gender. When did gender become the determining factor over spending your life with someone? I was always taught that you married for love. Not once was gender even mentioned. Why do WE, the people, or the government get to tell people who they can love or marry?

I'd like to see tolerance for ALL religions or lack there of. It makes me sad to see believers bash non-believers and vice versa. Religion is a choice that we are all free to make for ourselves. People shouldn't be bashed because they picked one belief or none belief over the other. In my opinion, there is NO right or wrong religion or belief. If you are at peace with yourself and the way you live your life, then that's all that matters.

I'd like to see less bullying and more acceptance of those that are different than we are. It makes me sad that people, not just kids, but adults alike, can sit there and belittle someone or make them feel worthless because of how they look or if there is a deformity, or if they are just a little different. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT! If we weren't, this place would be boring as ever. Our differences are one thing that makes this world go 'round. As parents, we need to teach our kids that people are different and there is nothing wrong with that. But a lot of parents don't....because THEY are bullying as well. KNOCK IT OFF!

This would would be a much better place if people would just be nice. It's really THAT easy. Just be nice. Remember the golden rule....treat others the way you want to be treated. If more people remember that, it would make a world of difference.

But one thing to remember....by the time I'm a grandparent.....these changes start with us...here at home. Raise a nicer generation and we might just be able to reach the stars!

21 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job tackling my question. I agree completely. Being different should be embraced and encouraged. We are all human beings with real feelings. We all deserve equality. And I hope these changes are made well before we are grandparents as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. As soon as I got it, I KNEW what I would write about. It literally took me 10 minutes to write and I had it done the Friday I got my prompt.

      Delete
  2. I adore the direction that you took this post in! Kudos to you, Mama! I couldn't agree with you more on all of these! Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to live in a world where your priorities are everyone's. And you're right, it's up to all of us to create an atmosphere of a kinder, gentler society, and it starts in all of our homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it everything you thought it would be? lol. These are things I strive to teach my children at home. I may not be able to change everyone's mind, but I CAN change my kids'.....

      Delete
  4. Amen, girl. I agree with every bit of your post. I'm glad you received this topic; you worded everything so well! Acceptance of everyone should be 2nd nature by now. I'll keep my fingers crossed for progress. (starting in my own home) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When I got the prompt, I immediately wrote the post. It was THAT easy.

      Delete
  5. AMEN!! AMEN!!! and AAAAAAMEN!!!!!
    I couldn't agree more!!!You are so right, it does start with us and it is as simple as just respecting someone else. We are all people, we are all different! It would be SUCH a dull world if we were all the same. BLECK!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Respect is such a little word with such a powerful meaning. More people need to learn it....

      Delete
  6. BRAVO...LOVE THE POST...Couldn't have said it better myself babe.

    I agree with everything you wrote. I would love for my son to grow up in that world, but don't think that will happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it likely won't, because now days, even the adults are bullies.

      Delete
  7. I really really liked this! Maybe I came by for laughs because I recognized you from the Fly challenge but am glad to see your serious side. With the state of things currently it is kind of hard to joke about the future of our kid's children. Beautiful post! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have taken this somewhere funny, but honestly, I don't think that would have been the way to go.

      Delete
  8. That was really sweet and cute. I can feel the love and kindess from your post! I love! I think we're kindreds! Funny I made a similar post awhile back! Maybe because we're just sensitive girls =) hehe Loved the post! I'll be coming back xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to treating other people with compassion and kindness, I'm, like, the queen or something. I don't understand why it's such a hard concept...

      Delete
  9. I am SO happy you wrote about this!! I totally would not have thought of this as the answer to the prompt but it is perfect and definitely I hope to see happen soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. REALISTICALLY....I don't think it will happen...but I hope it does.

      Delete
  10. Well said! We need to have more compassion and more tolerance for everyone and everything. I'm teaching it to my kids and sounds like you are too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I am teaching my kids kindness, tolerance, compassion and acceptance that everyone is different. I've done so from birth.

      Delete
  11. What a wonderful post! So true-we all need to be kinder and more tolerant of people who are different from us. This being said by someone who sports a "Coexist" bumper magnet on her car and the sticker on her laptop. :-) The world WOULD be a much nicer place if we all just got along!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?