Monday, March 25, 2013

Fear...More Than A Four Letter Word

If you are anything like me, you are all about the site Pinterest and you can easily spend hours on there, pinning things that you tell yourself you will do.

And if you are anything like me, you rarely, if ever, do it.

Fear is a powerful thing and that's what holds me back from doing a lot of things. For example, I have this vision in my head of how I want my front porch to look. I see it was this oasis. I have LilBit's old crib on the porch, that I plan to paint white and re-enforce it and turn it into a bench. I plan to put upholster, if that's the right word, her crib mattress to use as a cushion, then make some throw pillows to go on it. After that, I'd like to paint the chairs we have out there now white to match the new bench, refinish Lilbits old Cinderella chair and table to make it match and then line the porch with sheer, white curtains. Throw in some plants and stuff and it's a regular getaway.

I'm too scared to do it. Because I'm scared my vision won't turn out how I see it in my head. I'm scared I'll fail.

I'd also like to start my own company, kind of a modge podge of things. Do gift baskets, paint vases and fill them with beautiful, fake flowers, get a Cricut and make personalized glassware. I think these could all be very profitable, they could be successful. 

I'm too scared to do it. I'm scared I'm wrong and it will all be a huge failure.

I have friends that have their own businesses. They range from selling their crafts to one friend that has a blog and makes a decent amount of money doing so. I have this blog, that I love, that has potential to make money, yet I don't do it.

Because of fear.

So how does one overcome this fear? Just jump in and see what happens? What if nothing happens? Then what? At least I can say I tried, right?

Maybe I'm over thinking this, but it's something that was on my mind and I was curious what your thoughts are.

What are you failures? What are your successes?

4 comments:

  1. I certainly understand your fear, you're not the only one who's insecure about trying new things. But how different would your life be if you hadn't been brave enough to start a blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true. It wouldn't be that interesting, that's for sure. And I wouldn't have the awesome friends that I have, which would make me sad :( lol

      Delete
  2. Oh girl ... it's definitely scary whenever you start over and make a commitment because you have NO idea how it's going to turn out. When I started my business I was SO scared because what if it failed?
    While I am still in relatively early stages and I'm not as popular as Toys R Us ... Reagan's Toy Chest {http://www.reaganstoychest.com} is still something I can say is mine and that I am proud of!
    So go for it!!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. Baby steps......that's what I'm gonna take.....

      Delete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?