Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Let's Get Physical.....

I have a personal trainer!

Okay, so we all know that I'm on a quest to lose weight. Well, my sister just happens to be in the midst of a career change from RN to personal trainer. So I thought "Hmmmm" and approached her with an idea. You be my personal trainer for free and I'll be your study guide/guinea pig. I didn't think she'd agree, but she jumped on it, so that's cool.

She had me log my food for a week and today came over and went over some changes I need to make. Evidently, I was throwing my body into starvation mode, because I wasn't eating enough calories. I thought that I was doing the right thing, but I guess not. She also gave me some ideas for meals and ways to up my protein, because I wasn't getting enough. 

So basically, I can have more calories and I can eat peanut butter. Score points for this fat girl.

After that, she gave me my workout plan. She's taking it easy on me because I'm so out of shape. Upper body, lower body and core. In 3 months, we will re-evaluate my strength and bump it if needed. But my 3 month goal is to lose 12 pounds.

I think I can do that. In addition to eating more calories and things and my workouts, I'll also still be walking a mile or so every day, doing Zumba on Thursdays (so long as baseball and softball for the kids doesn't interfere), and I'm trying to work in some yoga. I think I got this licked....I can TOTALLY do this.

Evidently my weight loss is already showing, although I don't see it. I'll let you judge.
March
January




March
January
Both my sister and my husband has said they can tell a difference. I'm not sure, but whatever.

Tomorrow, I weigh in and I measure myself. Wednesdays are my new weigh in/measurement days. I'm not sure how I'll do tomorrow, because I've kinda slacked off, but I guess I won't do that anymore, huh?

Here's to me really getting this done.....

9 comments:

  1. You go girl!! You know I'm in your corner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, thank you. It helps to have everyone rooting for me.

      Delete
  2. Good luck girl ~ rooting for you!
    That's awesome that your sister is getting you motivated!!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea. I totally thought she'd shoot me down, but was thrilled (and a little scared) when she didn't. She's going to make an awesome trainer.

      Delete
  3. The only thing better than a personal trainer is a free personal trainer. I know you'll make your goal. And I'm rooting for you the whole way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to post pictures in 3 months to compare.

      Delete
  4. I don't want to say just good luck, because I think you can do it! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?