Thursday, March 14, 2013

The End Of My Mommy Rope

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Okay, no, I DON'T feel better.

I'm at the end of my Mommy rope with the kids. It seems like, here lately, they have been super trying. Like, to the point of me wanting to burst out in tears trying. Cailin has been super whiny, very argumentative, and just a generalized pain in my butt. Sebastian has been getting in trouble at school, and Anastasia....well, other than her trying like hell to be a grown up, she's really not been that bad.

I almost feel like I'm losing my grip on my house and I'm not sure HOW to get about getting it back. But by god, I'm going to try a few things on for size and see what works. I've already given them a list of what I expect them to do and a schedule of sorts. I'm looking up behavior charts and punishments, I'm coming up with ways to reward good behavior, etc, etc.

I've got to do SOMETHING, because if I don't, I'm going to run away to a village somewhere and live. No, I'm really not going to do that, but MAN, some times I wish I could.....

I love my kids more than life, but here lately, they've really made me really rethink how I am as a parent. Have I gone wrong somehow? Did I mess up somewhere along the way? I don't like second guessing myself as a parent. It really makes me feel like a failure at times.

Any one got any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I think we all feel that way sometimes. It sucks, absolutely, but I think it helps to know you aren't alone. Hang in there mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mama ... I can SO feel you. Yesterday when Rey and I got home from the park my little angelic child turned into Satan. I ended up doing a vlog about it and it will post next week.
    It sucks how quickly it turns on you! For the love of God!
    You can come live with me if you want!! LOL {I only have one crazy child!}

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?