Friday, May 24, 2013

Bzzzz....I'm A Fly!

Oh yes, ladies and gents......it's the time you have all been waiting for....


FLY ON THE WALL!!!!

Today 13 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.

Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:



Just A Little Nutty                               
Follow Me Home                      
Stacy Dews and Schools                  
The Sadder But Wiser Girl                      
Menopausal Mother                  
Moore Organized Mayhem                 
The Insomniac's Dream                       
The Momisodes                                
Spatulas On Parade                 
The Rowdy Baker     

*It's May and that brings about, in the state of Kentucky, the last day of school. Sebastian and Anastasia got out last week. They had awards day and I am proud to say that Anastasia (my over achiever) got 8 awards and a medal, all for outstanding or excellence in various studies. Sebastian got 2....the general awards they give everyone. Way to go!!

*I have been trying to get into school, but I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I have 7 (yes, 7!) things I'm trying to decide between. I didn't put this much thought in naming my kids!

*Cailin's last day of school was yesterday. They had a luau party, which was a blast. She got a certificate instead of a diploma because she has another year of preschool to attend. I ended up staying and helping them break everything down. Oh yea, I'm THAT mom!

*Wednesday, I started a new job AND became a cliche' extraordinaire.  They are opening a new Subway restaurant next door to me and I figured, hey...I like Subway and I'm bored, so I applied, giving them my very limited availability (Sunday-Thurday from open to 2:30, only looking for about 25 hours a week). I got a call on Tuesday to come in and start. No interview or anything. I was nervous. As I'm backing out of my driveway to leave, I accidentally hit my Dad's car, putting a little dent in the door of my van. Just call me Super Sammich Making Bad Woman Driver!

*I'd show you some pictures, but my stupid camera just randomly stopped working. Battery is fine, everything is fine, it just didn't want to work anymore. So a friend of mine sold me a camera for $10. It's OOOOLLLLLDDDDD, like one of the first digital cameras ever. And for some reason, it won't read my memory card. I feel lost without a camera..... :(

*I was surprised, one morning while taking Cailin to school, to find that I'd gotten a certificate for outstanding volunteerism with her school, as well as a coffee mug. I've done nothing but donate $1 to be part of the Headstart PTO. Hey, I'll take it....I don't get awards that much!

*Cailin has been channeling her inner country music star, because we were sitting at dinner the other day and she just busts out with "Joe.....Joe.....Joe Diffie!!!" from the song 1994 by Jason Aldean. It was quite funny. She's a fan and loves to hear the song. I, personally, am getting sick of hearing it.

*My mother in law is in town, visiting family before she flies to Oklahoma (side note here: when I heard she was flying, I asked if her broom would make it that far.....). I went to pick meet her in the next town over and she stayed with us for a few hours, then we drove her an hour away where she was staying with her sister. I sat in the back on the way there and got HORRIBLY car sick, like to the point where I thought I was going to vomit a few times. *sigh*

That's all I've got this month. Nothing huge or major going on, so go buzz around and see if you can find something tastier than my Honey Bunches of Oats (Honey Roasted, if you were curious).

9 comments:

  1. Dearest Super Sammich Making Bad Woman Driver, I love coming to your blog. You always make me smile. Congrats on the new employment and the coffee mug. Fun fact: Walmart "Bunches' O Honey" is no "Honey Bunches of Oats". I found that out the hard way. :) Happy Weekend, you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I needed a new mug, because my beloved live, laugh, love mug had a chip....made it uncomfortable to drink out of.

      No, Honey Bunches of Oats simply can NOT be duplicated......

      Delete
  2. I've heard that excessive exposure to one's mother in law may causes, headaches, cramping, swelling and often vomiting. I recommend avoidance in the future... you know for health purposes.
    Kudos on the new job my dear. :)
    I'm signing up for your PTO next year. I donated $6 PTA fee, paper goods,worked at book fair and all I got was the flu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL! I hadn't seen her in over a year...she'd moved Michigan. She's not that bad...I got lucky....lol
      Thanks!
      I got my workout yesterday, helping take down all the tables and stuff for their awards ceremony. I'm hurting today...lol

      Delete
  3. It seems like every time I come here something in your life is changing. Kids out of school and you have a new job, I'm wondering how that's gonna work out.

    And you must try my Honey Bunches Chicken. It's SO good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, my stepmom lives across the street and doesn't work, so she's gonna watch them. Plus I'm going to be working on Matthew's days off, so that will help. Only part time....nothing major.

      I will have to try that....it would likely be a hit in my family.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on all the awards in your household! Love the Super Sammich comment and your daughter singing country music. Hey, you never know--you may have the future American Idol in your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got some smart kiddos, that's for sure. I'll have to video her singing one day and share it with the world....it's funny and too precious for words.

      Delete
  5. Nothing wrong with being a sandwich artist! My husband says I should go work there once both kids are in school.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?