Friday, June 28, 2013

Oh Miley....What Happened?

When Anastasia was a little girl, she was such a HUGE fan of Hannah Montana. We'd watch it together, I'd buy her the clothes, we took her to see the movie....you get the point.

Back then, Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus was clean cut, bubble gum and a great role model for little girls. I think she was very pretty and had the potential to be a beautiful woman.

Not so much now....

Then
Hey Miley....Madonna called and she wants her look back!



















She went from being this pretty little girl to being a pretty young woman to being a trashy looking woman. It was like, she turned 18 and went crazy, which is sad because it's a typical young Hollywood story. Look at Lindsey Lohan, Justin Bieber (another one of Anastasia's former favorites), Paris Hilton, just to name a few. 

I admit, I had high hopes for Miley. I'd hoped that she'd continue to be a positive role model for the young ladies of society, but it doesn't look like that's the case. Now, she's got a look that reminiscent of  a pre-motherhood (and becoming oddly British) Madonna. Even her music has taken a nose dive. 

I'm not a fan of the new Miley at all.

Now, Anastasia is almost 9 and she likes older Miley music, but she's still a Taylor Swift fan, who I believe is a good influence on her fans. Yes, she's a serial dater and yes, she puts her exes on blast in her music, but she's still squeaky clean and I hope she doesn't ever lose that. Rather than listen to Justin Bieber, Anastasia now listens to One Direction and country music from Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan...just to name a few. I'm trying to introduce her to Hunter Hayes too.

I hope Miley cleans up her act a little bit. Otherwise, I fear (and hope) her flame fizzles out and she just fades away.....

3 comments:

  1. Can't lie. I was a Hannah Montana fan back when my sister was young. I actually like the song and, aside from her inability to keep her tongue in her mouth, I enjoyed the video. I don't really care what singers/celebrities do. I used to LOVE Britney Spears and desperately wanted to be her but my obsession never changed who I was. Friends/boyfriends were the only poor influences during my youth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe the Best of Both Worlds sweet girl is now this trashy, flamboyant mess. Not a fan. I'm disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One place I can actually give her credit though is shes being true to herself. She isn't being what everyone wants her to be. Christina Aguilera did the same thing. She stopped being the girl next door and people critisised her. Look at her now.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?