Thursday, June 27, 2013

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

As we go through day to day life, we often lose sight of the little things in life. The things that don't happen that often, but when they DO, you just know they are so special. This happens to me almost daily, I get a reminder of what's important in life without really looking. When you are a stay at home mom, surrounded by your kids who get bored, you feel like you don't have time to truly appreciate them and what you have.

♥ Yesterday, for the first time in a long time, Cailin crawled up in my lap and fell asleep. She'd declared, all afternoon, that she wasn't tired. She was in my arms for 5 minutes and was passed out. She'll be 4 in a little less than 2 months and is quickly becoming independent. But to have her climb up in my lap and fall asleep was precious. My arms start to hurt and I couldn't get comfortable, but my baby was in my arms asleep, just like she use to be when she was a newborn. I wasn't about to move.

♥ Anastasia is becoming a little lady, right before my eyes. I hate it, because the older she gets, the closer she gets to things like heartbreak and puberty and being a teenager. Sometimes, it's hard to believe she's 8, because she's fiercely mature (the kid is in 4th grade and has decided she wants to read the Harry Potter books and the Hunger Games trilogy). But every so often, the little girl that she is peeks through. I went to her room for something the other day and she was sitting in her floor, playing with her long forgotten Monster High dolls. She looked up at me and just looked incredibly innocent.

♥ Sebastian has started lifting weights (bless his heart, it's only a 2lb weight, but he does it daily and is proud of that!). He wants to gain muscle. He's also started to walk around without a shirt on because "that's when men do". He is only 8 and he is still very immature, but sometimes, he acts like such a little man that it takes me by surprise. I just hope that he grows up to be an amazing man, like his Daddy. I'm sure he will be.

♥ Matthew works long hours to provide us with the life we have and me with the ability to stay home with the kids. He misses out on so much because he is working. We often get lost in the hubbub that is life that we forget to take time to just be a couple. But there is one thing that he does that makes me feel so secure and safe. It's that he doesn't realize he's doing, because he's asleep. He'll roll over and wrap his arm around me, pulling me close. I love that. 

Sometimes my life seems chaotic. Sometimes it seems mundane. But it's my life and I absolutely love it. I wouldn't trade this for anything in the world!

1 comment:

  1. The ability to be grateful, no matter what's going on at that time, is an amazing thing. It gives us comfort and peace and perspective.

    I love how happy you are.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?