Friday, June 21, 2013

Who's Been a Busy Fly?!

Oh yea...it's time for the Fly on the Wall post! You know you're excited!

Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 14 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.



Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:

Just A Little Nutty                               
Follow Me Home                      
Stacy Sews and Schools                  
The Sadder But Wiser Girl                      
Menopausal Mother                  
Moore Organized Mayhem                 
The Insomniac's Dream                       
The Momisodes                                
Dates 2 Diapers             
*Softball season is over. I'm not 100% sure what I'll be doing with my time now. I hope I'll blog more, but I'm not sure. I'm kind of sad, because I was finally starting to get into it. My life, since April, has revolved around softball games. Anastasia has already declared that she wants to sign up
for fall ball. I have no objections to this. She also want to go out for her school's cheer leading squad. THAT one, I'm not sure about, because I don't know a thing about cheer leading.
Anastasia playing catcher
Her trophy.




















*Wee Ball season is over as well and Cailin has decided that she absolutely does NOT want to play again, which is fine. She only liked getting to hit the ball and cried when she was in the outfield.
Cailin at bat

*Cailin HAS declared, however, that she wants to be a ballerina. So I guess we will sign her up for dance classes. Thankfully, they will let her try out a class to see if she likes it.
Cailin in her new flip flops and bathing suit

*Sebastian has also decided that HE wants to play fall ball. Naturally, I'm skeptical, because we'd initially signed him and Anastasia up, then at the very last minute, he decided he didn't want to play. So we had Cailin play wee ball, that way we wouldn't be out that money. He also says he wants to try out for the basketball team for their school.

*Last week, I took Sebastian and Anastasia to a 3 day free basketball clinic. They learned the fundamentals of the game and really just had a blast. We are waiting for them to get their shirts from it, but I'm just happy they had fun.

*Also last week, we had a scare with Miss K (our van). I went to honk the horn to let my husband know that I was there to get him from work and things started acting all wonky on it. We took it and had the battery, starter, and alternator tested. Both the battery and starter are fine, but there is something wrong with our charging system. We HOPE it's just a short or a wire that needs to be replaced and that nothing is wrong with the alternator. It seems to be running fine now, so I'm not sure what's up with it.

*I spent a big chunk of last month trying to get back into college only to find out that I can't, because a college I'd attended previously won't release my transcripts. -rolling eyes-. So now I have to get that straightened out. 

*I'd went for what I THOUGHT was training to work at Subway. I worked for 3 hours and was told that they'd call me back after Memorial Day. I never heard from them. I called THEM when the store I was going to work at opened and, at first they said they didn't recall me coming in, then they said that I was too slow, so they wasn't going to hire me and that those 3 hours were an audition. I guess one is suppose know EXACTLY how to do this with no training. -rolling eyes again-

*I've started reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels.....you know, the books that the HBO show True Blood is based on. Naturally, I wanted to watch True Blood, so my friend gave me her log in info for HBOGo. What I DIDN'T get was a warning that True Blood is naughty, naughty, naughty! About halfway through it, I was blushing and threatening the kids if they so much as THOUGHT about stepping out of their rooms. 

That's all I've got for you, so go see what's goin on at someone else's house.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're in for a very busy next few years as the kids try out and decide what activities they like. I do like Anastasia's plan, be the player and the cheerleader!

    And it sure sounds to me like Subway pulled a scam. You can't "audition" someone by having them work for you for 3 hours unless they pay you or let you know ahead of time that's what they plan to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to figure out what I can do about it. I mean, it's only, like, $20, but still. That's beer money!

      Delete
  2. WOW!!! That's a lot of sports!! LOL
    I LOOOOOVE LOOOOOVE LOOOOOVE the Sookie books AND True Blood. The problem is, the show is NOTHING like the books. I think they tried a little more in the first season but after that it's like a completely different thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm noticing that. I have made it through season 1 and I've started on season 2. I think I like the books a lot better, although, getting to look at Bill is an added bonus. He's all brooding and dark.....I like that. lol

      Delete
  3. The Subway thing and the college transcripts not being sent over would drive me bonkers! And my goodness, how do you keep up with all those sports activities??? I was SO HAPPY when my kids finally outgrew that phase--the running around all those years wore me out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling myself "college scholarship, college scholarship"....it gets me through it!
      Yea, I'm bummed about not getting to go back to school, but hopefully that will be amended soon.

      Delete
  4. I love the new pink suit!
    Car trouble is the pits. Keeping fingers crossed its no big thing and you have no more trouble!
    I'd call corporate Subway and get the franchise owners name while filing a complaint against the store. Too many issues they will no longer be able to own their store and will never be allowed to expand and purchase a second shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does too!
      It ended up being the alternator. There's $200 I'll never get back :/

      Yea, they were training me for the new store they were opening. It's crazy....

      Delete
  5. Sorry about the "Subway" thing. That is just wrong on too many levels. I hope you're getting paid for the time you put in. Audition or not.
    It's so fun to see pics of your kids enjoying all the spring sports. It sounds like they'll be very busy, AND very happy. My friend gave me the True blood books. I haven't read them or started the series. Let me know which to do first; or if you think they're worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books are DEFINITELY worth it. I zoom through them in about a day and a half. I just can't put the down. The show.....it's good, not like the book at all, but it's a naughty little treat. lol

      Delete
  6. I didn't realize that you had to "audition" to be a sandwich artist? Though it totally sounds like something that would happen to me!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?