Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekend Movie Time

We actually had a pretty decent weekend, despite the fact that it rained.

All.

Weekend.

Long........

Friday night, the local Harley shop was going to have a firework show and, knowing we were going to be able to see it from our porch, we'd invited some people over to hang out and watch. Naturally, it got cancelled because of the rain. Saturday, it rained some more and yesterday, we actually got a rain free day. 

The rain, however, didn't stop the local idiots people from shooting off their own fireworks. At midnight. All weekend.

*sigh*

Naturally, this kept my youngest from sleeping, because they were scaring her. Fun fun.

So, the husband and I spent our weekend watching movies. Friday night, we watched "Identity Thief". It was hilariously funny. Saturday night, we watched "Mama". Not near as creepy as I expected it to be, but it was still a good movie.

Sunday, we decided to have a family day. My husband acquired free movie passes for us, so we decided to take the kids to see Despicable Me 2. Cailin was hesitant at first, because she'd never been and didn't know what to expect. Once we told her that she could have popcorn, she settled down. So off we went, paid $14 for the Extreme Couples deal, where we got a big bag of popcorn and 2 big drinks, all with free refills. We settled in to watch the movie and all 3 kids spent the majority of the time cracking up with laughter. Cailin kept thanking us for bringing her. A few times, prior to the start of the movie, she had the whole theater laughing with her random outbursts.

Despite it being soggy, it was a pretty good weekend. Snuggle time with the husband, I had coffee and muffins with a friend, and family time. 

Those are the weekends I love the best, just getting to spend time with my family.

How was your weekend?


3 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great weekend despite the weather. I love that all you had to do to conquer Cailin's fears was offer her popcorn. That really made me laugh. Ahhh, to be a kid again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right. I wish I could face my fears that easily.

      Delete
  2. What a great weekend. My husband and I laughed all the way through "Identity Thief". I don't think I could watch "Mama". Is that a horror flick? I'm a big baby when it comes to scary movies.... My kids saw "Despicable Me" and loved it, so I guess that's next up for me. Way to go on making it through a whole movie...popcorn makes everything better :)

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?