Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Fine Just Being Me

Lately, I've come to a realization.

I don't want to diet. 

I know, I know, who does? It's hard work, you have to give up some of your favorite foods, you have to count calories....It's just not something I want to do. I love my ice cream, damn it. And my Thin Mint creamer.

The problem? I don't want to be as big as I am. 

The problem with me dieting or trying to change my foods is that I end up doing really good for a while, then I fall of the wagon and the sucker picks up speed and I can't get back on. Then I feel like a failure. A big, fat failure. That creates a whole mess of problems and I start hating myself.

So, lately, something in me switched. Maybe it was an awakening. Maybe it was a realization. I don't know, but something....changed.

I still want to lose weight. I NEED to. But I'm not going to go to the point of making huge and drastic changes in my life. I'm still going to eat what I want. If I have a cup of soda here and there, that's fine too. I'll have days when I'm active and all that and I'll have days when I'm not. I'll have days when I don't eat as much and I'll have days where I binge. 

AND IT'S OKAY! 

Why? Because I'm me. I've got a husband that loves me. I have 3 healthy and beautiful kids. I am moderately healthy. 

This change is much needed and one that I feel will ultimately lead to me being successful in getting healthier. I think it will be more encouraging to me. I feel that this is what was needed all this time.

I'm me. And, for the most part, I'm happy with that.

4 comments:

  1. Good Girl... Love you and the rest will fall into place xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dieting is so difficult. I used to diet Sunday through Friday night, but Friday nights, Saturday and Saturday nights I could have whatever I wanted. Some weeks I'd just break even because I went nuts on the weekends and some weeks I'd lose. It was a slow process but it worked for me.

    But what's even more difficult than dieting is just feeling good about yourself and your life. And you just nailed that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's not easy, but it never is. lol

      Delete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?