Sunday, August 25, 2013

Happy 4th Lil Bit!


Today, my little lady bug turns 4 years old. 4! It seems like, just yesterday, she was a baby. Now, she's a 4!

When I was pregnant with her, I was scared that I wouldn't love her as much as I loved Sebastian and Anastasia. I quickly realized that I could, but that it was a different love and that it was okay. With the twins, I had 4 years of being the only parent. With Cailin, I had to share. With the twins, I had to struggle, to fight, to claw and scratch. With Cailin, I didn't. With the twins, I had to work and missed out on a lot. With Cailin, I was there for all her firsts.

She's a strong willed, bullheaded (she gets that from her Dad), prissy little thing. She will be sweet and loving one second and, in the next, will curse at you like a grown man (not something I'm proud of, but hey, she uses it in the right context....). She has dreams of being a dancer and she absolutely loves to be the center of attention.

From the time I got the positive pregnancy test and saw her little self on the screen at 6 weeks along, I knew...KNEW she was going to be a girl. She was promptly dubbed Ladybug. I hoped and dreamed she'd have blue eyes and dark, curly hair.

With the exception of the blue eyes (they are hazel), I was right on the money. She has a mess of curls that drive me nuts. She has huge, soulful eyes and a beautiful smile.

It's such an honor to be this little lady's mama. It's an honor to be all 3 of my kids' mama. All 3 have such different personalities, but Cailin and Sebastian, I feel, are my old souls.

Happy birthday to my little angel. I love you, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?