Friday, September 27, 2013

Close.....But No Cigar

Actually, I'm not sure if I was close at all. But, for my own ego, we'll say that I was.

With a little convincing from my friend Cinko from Manderstanding, I auditioned for Blogger Idol. I went in to it with zero expectations of being selected. 

PERSONALLY, I view myself as a mediocre writer at best. I know that I don't shine as brightly as other writers out there and, with over 219 fellow bloggers auditioning, I knew I had about has much of a chance as getting picked for the top 13 as I did to become an astronaut. 

The top 13 was announced yesterday and, I have to say, they are far more superior writers than I. The judges had a hard job and I think they picked wisely.

To audition, you have to submit a piece that you think shows your creativity. I submitted two, just to be safe. The first one was Girl, You're Just 17, where I told the song "Fancy" by Reba in story form. The second blog was I'm Not Feeling Like Myself Today, where I let Lil Bit "guest blog" for me. Both pieces were part of the Secret Subject Swap that I participate in. 

I'm not upset I wasn't selected. I don't know how close I am to being part of the top 13.....part of me WANTS to know, part of me doesn't. But regardless, it was a fun ride.

So, I'd like to take this moment to say thank you to the judges who may have considered me or who liked my pieces. I really appreciate it. If you guys don't care, go check out the judges.


Next year, I might audition again....who knows. But it was fun to get to do it this year and I look forward to reading all the assignments!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. It was a difficult task, but also a lot of fun. As a judge, I didn't actually choose the top 13. To be honest, only one of my favorites made the cut. 12ish judges read each post and browsed the blogs and gave each entry a score based on several criteria. The most anyone could get was 53 points. The highest I scored anyone was 50. Then the scores were averaged and the top 13 were chosen that way,
    I won't say who my faves were. I will say that I envy anyone brave enough to enter a contest like this and allow themselves to be judged. I couldn't do it.
    I'll stick to this side of the contest. Thanks again for the mention. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're a hell of a lot better than a mediocre writer. I love watching your voice grow and evolve. You stay true to yourself and you're passionate, don't sell yourself short.

    But I have to believe that it was a monumental task narrowing all those submissions down to 13.

    I hope you do try again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please audition again and consider playing along! You have a wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?